Most Boring and the most Challenging Calibration Scope for you

N

newcleus

Hi peeps out there! for you what is the most boring scope and most challenging calibration scope you had handle? and why?

Temperature & Humidity Calibration
Dimensional Calibration
Mass & Balance Calibration
Electrical Calibration
RF Calibration
Flow Calibration
Force Calibration
Chemical Calibration
Pressure Calibration
Volume Calibration

For me the most boring scope is Dimensional Calibration because calibration is very simple and the most challenging is Electrical, Flow & RF Calibration because that;s my field :tg:

:thanx:

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Hi peeps out there! for you what is the most boring scope and most challenging calibration scope you had handle? and why?

Temperature & Humidity Calibration
Dimensional Calibration
Mass & Balance Calibration
Electrical Calibration
RF Calibration
Flow Calibration
Force Calibration
Chemical Calibration
Pressure Calibration
Volume Calibration

For me the most boring scope is Dimensional Calibration because calibration is very simple and the most challenging is Electrical, Flow & RF Calibration because that;s my field :tg:

:thanx:

OK, I'll bite. Back in the day when I was performing calibrations on a regular basis, the most boring ones were for Fluke products such as multimeters, scopes and thermometers; they just don't seem to drift. To be honest, I can't recall ever having to pull one because of a cal failure (changed a few batteries, but that's about it). Really good products, worth the money.

The most challenging ones were for heat treat furnaces for metal processing. SAE-AMS2750 came into play, including requirements from customers that no one else required (like using purging compounds to saturate the atmosphere in the chamber). We had to perform regular temperature uniformity surveys, system accuracy tests, probe calibrations with correction factors...it was a nightmare, but all very necessary. The temperatures went up to about 920 ?F, and we had to hit and hold it within +/- 10 ?F each and every time.

Thankfully, we have a cal team to do all this now. :agree1:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
For me, as both assessor and CCT, given my background:

Most boring: Dimensional.

Most challenging: Flow.

GREAT QUESTION!

Top Bottom