New IATF (International Automotive Task Force) web site

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
The IATF now has a site
IATF

The purpose of this communiqué is to advise all IATF certification bodies, that IATF has opened from
June 1st 2008 an IATF Global Oversight website (www.iatfglobaloversight.org) as the global point of
reference for the ISO/TS16949:2002 scheme, home page shown below.

The auditor development process button currently remains inactive as the site is under construction, the link will become active in January 2009.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: New IATF site

Thanks for the link, Howard. It's interesting to look at the format of the website. It's almost a direct copy of the IAOB website... :notme:

Hopefully they'll be adding to the customer specific requirements documents hosted there. It's always been difficult to keep up with them all.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: New IATF site

Thanks for the link, Howard. It's interesting to look at the format of the website. It's almost a direct copy of the IAOB website... :notme:

Hopefully they'll be adding to the customer specific requirements documents hosted there. It's always been difficult to keep up with them all.

I agree. The IATF should mandate that ALL Customer Specific Requirements (CSR's) be posted on this site. At least as a courtesy to all Suppliers that work so hard to keep up with the almost daily (it seems) changing requirements.

Stijloor.

wak125

Registered Visitor
Thank you for the link, where can we get the information (list) about certified organizations, is there any way to cross check the claims of some suspicious organizations claiming being TS certified, because the copy of certificate also needs to be verified

howste

Thaumaturge
Thank you for the link, where can we get the information (list) about certified organizations, is there any way to cross check the claims of some suspicious organizations claiming being TS certified, because the copy of certificate also needs to be verified

It would be nice if there was just one list like the Aerospace world has in the OASIS database. Unfortunately for TS, you usually have to go to the website of the registrar listed on the certificate and verify that it is valid.

wak125

Registered Visitor
Thank you Valeri, I already tried this site but the information are neither complete nor reliable, anyhow it might help on certain issues, but unfortunately not updated for TS 16949

howste

Thaumaturge
Thank you Valeri, I already tried this site but the information are neither complete nor reliable, anyhow it might help on certain issues, but unfortunately not updated for TS 16949

Is there a specific company or certificate you are looking to verify?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
It would be nice if there was just one list like the Aerospace world has in the OASIS database.
Actually I asked Mr. Bransky if the IATF would consider instituting an OASIS-like database for the Automotive Supply chain. He dismissed the suggestion. Too bad.

howste

Thaumaturge
Actually the IAOB and/or IATF does have a database. I hear reference to it during witness audits now and then. Apparently it's "top secret" though.

Top Bottom