Quality Control Processes in a Mineral Water Company and HACCP

S

siju234

I would like to know details abt quality control process in Mineral water company,especially Microbiology and chemical tests .Where i can get detailed and correct procedures for these tests. Where i can get HACCP self assessment questionaire for employees ?

SIJO JOSEPH,
MICROBIOLOGIST

S

samsung

Re: Quality Control Processes in a Mineral Water Company

I would like to know details abt quality control process in Mineral water company,especially Microbiology and chemical tests .Where i can get detailed and correct procedures for these tests. Where i can get HACCP self assessment questionaire for employees ?

SIJO JOSEPH,
MICROBIOLOGIST

A warm welcome to the Cove.

Since the quality and packaging of Mineral (packaged) water is governed by the BIS specifications in India, you may wish to visit the relevant web page for detailed information on 'Requirements to be complied with by the applicant of packaged drinking water for grant of BIS licence according to IS 14543:2004'..

Here you can find a useful 'self assessment checklist for GMP in food and beverage manufacture.'

Where i can get detailed and correct procedures for these tests.

Please refer Annex-E (available on the hyperlinked page) for the specifications/scheme of testing and inspection.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Welcome saji from another Microbiologist :)

samsung has given great advise. In addition, pl take a look at the The Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955

I have attached the 2 sections that pertain to Mineral water.

Attachments

• completePFARules_1955.doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 414

bio_subbu

Super Moderator
Hi Siju

In addition to above responses, find attached document on “Recent developments in Bottled Water Quality and Safety” issued by Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF). The DWRF has prepared this report to summarize recent developments in the protection and regulation of bottled water. The chemical and microbiological mandatory testing and limits are cited in this document as per USFDA regulations.

Hope you will find useful.

Regards
S. Subramaniam

Attachments

• recent_development_in_bottled_water_quality.pdf
    217.8 KB · Views: 589
S

siju234

Hi Siju

In addition to above responses, find attached document on “Recent developments in Bottled Water Quality and Safety” issued by Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF). The DWRF has prepared this report to summarize recent developments in the protection and regulation of bottled water. The chemical and microbiological mandatory testing and limits are cited in this document as per USFDA regulations.

Hope you will find useful.

Regards
S. Subramaniam
Hi sir,
Thank you for the valuable information .

Sijo
Saudi arabia

S

siju234

Welcome saji from another Microbiologist :)

samsung has given great advise. In addition, pl take a look at the The Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955

I have attached the 2 sections that pertain to Mineral water.
Dear sir,

your post is very helpful. Thank you.

SIJO

Saudi arabia

6thsense

Involved In Discussions

We have been bottling water for about 5years now. I have also worked as a microbiologist in this establishment. Our Process monitoring covers the Raw Water (Municipal supply), Treated Water (Enhanced filtration treated municipal water) and our packaged water (Reverse Osmosis Processed Water). for the treated and packaged water we have 0 cfus/ml specification for coliforms and less than 25cfus/ml. We also treat our packaged water with ozone ( 0.1-0.4ppm ozone). Residual ozone prior to dispatch is 0. We also check Conductivity and TDS. Once a year an external Laboratory tests all our water for pesticides, radionuclides and the packaged water is also tested for bromate levels.

S

siju234

It is very good to hear these valuable informations regrding water industry and treatments.

We are facing problem of Bromate in our product water since the begining of our water industry in Saudi arabia because of Ozone treatment and Chlorine disinfection,So recently we reduce the Ozone treatment from 0.3ppm to 0.03 and stop the Chlorine disinfection of Raw water (bore well). Raw water Total plate count range from 150 to 200cfu/ml. After these changes now our product water Total plate count is 0 cfu/ml. But we are afraid of the water micro status during the shelf life period that is one year from the date of manufacturing. Can any body suggest solutions or ideas to solve the issue.

Sijo joseph,
Saudi arabia

Top Bottom