Work Instructions for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software

N

niteshrs

Hi,
Has anyone prepared work instructions for all processes in a typical manufacturing firm? What would you follow ideally? Is there a list of transactions available that can be used?

Regards,

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Work Instructions for ERP

Hi,
Has anyone prepared work instructions for all processes in a typical manufacturing firm? What would you follow ideally? Is there a list of transactions available that can be used?

Regards,
You must be in possession of the ERP manual which is one of the deliverable along with ERP training .... ?

S

somerqc

Re: Work Instructions for ERP

Most ERP software is VERY generic and the manual usually can help you get started. The implementation group (usually 3rd party - experts in the software) would further help you "customize" the processes or the software to meet your needs.

I have JUST finished this and find that you still need work instructions as a training tool as a minimum. I have people 8 months later that are still using it as a guide (then there are the others that ignore entire pages).

Our software has additional functionality that allows me to further control processes using macro's or other built in controls and occur in the background.

Unfortunately, the last step can only be controlled internally as only you know exactly how data should be entered, or searched, or reported in your company.

It is time consuming but well worth it in the end.

N

niteshrs

Thanks for your responses.

We have manuals for the ERP, but the work instructions should be more business specific. And above it there are lot of customizations added. Moreover, WI will also talk of general practices and best practices in a given process. Processes could be broken into transactions and each process will have work instructions demonstrating various possible scenarios which shall remain a handout/reference to the business users on the occurance such event. It will also act as reference document or training manual for new joiners. This is my definition of Work Instruction.
Though i have seen in SAP there are ready work instructions available for each transaction code which is a good stuff. Unfortunately i do not have such stuffs available and will have to prepare them.

Regards,

Top Bottom