Quality Engineer Job Description - What should be the function of a Quality Engineer?

N

nicola

Hi all

This is something a little different.

Im busy writing a report to motivate areas within our quality management system that require attention and I'm interested to find out peoples perceptions on what the function of a Quality Engineer should be.

So far my report highlights the need for a quality engineer to 'build' confidence into our processes from the design and development stage (FMEA, control plan...etc).... followed by the contol of these processes and decisions based on data during production.

What are your thoughts?

Nicola

V

violethaze

Re: Quality Engineer Job Description - What the function of a Quality Engineer should

hello everyone... currently i was ask to make kra,kpi,and job description for quality engineer for a logistics and warehousing business.. anyone who has an idea regarding this? please help me....
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Job Description wanted for Quality Engineer

hello everyone... currently i was ask to make kra,kpi,and job description for quality engineer for a logistics and warehousing business.. anyone who has an idea regarding this? please help me....
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Nicola,...................... It really depends on how the organization is set-up.

Welcome Violet,

As Coury mentioned in the post above, it really depends on how the organization is set up. Usually, the smaller the organization is, the wider the scope of such a position.

I would suggest that you interview your current quality engineer and document his responsibility (what he does). Come back here and we can help you to fine tune it.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Quality Engineer Job Description - What the function of a Quality Engineer should

One thing I can suggest is to list the knowledge, competence, experience expected as well as the functions expected in the specific organization. One place to start might be to look at the "Body of Knowledge" proposed by the American Society for Quality for the various quality-oriented certifications offered by the ASQ.

Start at this page for the list of certifications
http://www.asq.org/certification/
and work from there.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Quality Engineer Job Description - What should be the function of a Quality Engin

Can you please tell which post is useful.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you better explain what information you need? Each of the posts in the thread is useful with respect to the thread title/topic.

A

anbetophillip

One thing I can suggest is to list the knowledge, competence, experience expected as well as the functions expected in the specific organization. One place to start might be to look at the "Body of Knowledge" proposed by the American Society for Quality for the various quality-oriented certifications offered by the ASQ.

Start at this page for the list of certifications
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Quality Engineer Job Description - What should be the function of a Quality Engin

Employers rely on engineers for increasing productivity, expanding their output of products & services. All new technologies continually amend the design process, facilitating engineers to generate and analyze a variety of product designs more rapidly than that in the past.
This is true, but how does it answer the thread question in a practical way? You speak of engineers as if they were ONLY involved in creating and analyzing designs, but most "quality engineers" are involved in assuring processes are efficient and effective, not in the design of a product.

Top Bottom