Must the AS9100C quality manual contain the procedures and QMS documents?

F

FMS-Steve

Ok have a question on AS9100C Quality Manaul we would like to have a very short manual do I have to have all procedures and documents in the manual?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9100 Certification Scope Content

AS9100 clause 4.2.2c says that the manual needs to either contain or reference the procedures. This means that you could have one "big honkin' manual" that includes all of the information, or you could have a much smaller manual that is very high-level. I prefer to have a relatively short manual, so I just reference the procedures in the manual.

Reactions: Joy
M

MrMiagi

Yes, I agree, it should. A reference page to Level II procedures will comply for the QM. Your Level III work instructions can be referenced in the Level II procedures. Keep your QM short with your business model in mind. The quantity should be the work instructions.

-MrMiagi

Does not the pebble entering the water begin fresh journeys? Probably, but no one really gives a RA!

WCHorn

Rubber, Too Glamorous?
Trusted Information Resource
Remember that the quality manual is often requested by customers and other agencies. It should not contain information that is confidential or proprietary. If you consolidate everything into the quality manual, you risk revealing information you might not want in the public domain.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Ok have a question on AS9100C Quality Manaul we would like to have a very short manual do I have to have all procedures and documents in the manual?

FMS-Steve,

These days the Quality Manual is a brief description of the management system that is especially useful for new employees.

It refers to the procedures either in the text or via an attachment that lists the procedures and process owners.

Do not rewrite the system standard for auditors (although this used to be common practice).

Try writing it in the present tense so it describes what actually happens instead of what shall happen. This makes it much easier to read and understand.

John

Top Bottom