Turtle Diagrams - Difference between "Linked Processes" and "Support Processes"

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
A question for turtle diagrams: could you please explain the difference between "linked processes" and "support processes" that are reported in some template of the turtle diagrams that are commonly used for processes mapping? :bigwave:

Mikishots

A question for turtle diagrams: could you please explain the difference between "linked processes" and "support processes" that are reported in some template of the turtle diagrams that are commonly used for processes mapping? :bigwave:

I tend to think of support processes as processes that act as inputs. Take the Purchasing Process as an example; Engineering could be considered a support process (as they provide may provide the specs required).

Incoming Inspection would be an example of something I would consider as a linked process to Purchasing.

qusys

I tend to think of support processes as processes that act as inputs. Take the Purchasing Process as an example; Engineering could be considered a support process (as they provide may provide the specs required).

Incoming Inspection would be an example of something I would consider as a linked process to Purchasing.

I stay with you in the interpretation.
Is Incoming inspection considered a linked process because it provides some control, requirements and stuff like that?
Could be also considered linked processes the requirements of the six mandatory procedures as well as customer requirements definition?:bigwave:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I stay with you in the interpretation.
Is Incoming inspection considered a linked process because it provides some control, requirements and stuff like that?
Could be also considered linked processes the requirements of the six mandatory procedures as well as customer requirements definition?:bigwave:

Incoming (receiving) inspection is a process that is linked with:
  • Purchasing process
  • Quality process
  • Control of Nonconforming product process
  • Storage process
  • etc.

Links are simply connections with other processes. You can have input and output links, support process links, documentation and records links.

The whole process approach, including linkages (connections), and control mechanisms is sadly still poorly understood by internal and external auditors. :frust: :frust:

Stijloor.

qusys

Incoming (receiving) inspection is a process that is linked with:
  • Purchasing process
  • Quality process
  • Control of Nonconforming product process
  • Storage process
  • etc.

Links are simply connections with other processes. You can have input and output links, support process links, documentation and records links.

The whole process approach, including linkages (connections), and control mechanisms is sadly still poorly understood by internal and external auditors. :frust: :frust:

Stijloor.

Yes, agree, but I think that it is the proper and useful interpretation for internal usage of the turtle diagrams in term of their effectiveness for the organization, right?

P

p_tww

linked process was understood as those having consequent relations, support process was understood as those affect process output.
example: production process
linked processes is customer requirements review process , inspection process etc.
support process is equipment/tooling/facility control process, human resource management process, document control process etc.

Top Bottom