List of ISO 17025 Approved Suppliers

P

pardes

It's nice to discover this group!

Where could I find a list of vendors that are ISO 17025 approved? Does such a list exist? It would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Pardes

P

pardes

Re: 17025 approved vendors list?

Well aren't you just a dear and a luv for replying so quickly.

You link was very helpful but I'm in real need of product supplier type vendors that are 17025 approved. I'm discovering that many of our vendors are listed as 9001 rather than 17025.

However, you link will get me steaming along with finding what I need. Thanks again.

Pardes
(Caroline)

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

You link was very helpful but I'm in real need of product supplier type vendors that are 17025 approved. I'm discovering that many of our vendors are listed as 9001 rather than 17025.

However, you link will get me steaming along with finding what I need. Thanks again.

Pardes
(Caroline)

Welcome Caroline.

Are you asking for a List of Approved Manufacturers (OEMs) of gages, or a list where you can find Calibration Labs that have been approved/registered to 17025?

AndyN

Moved On

Pardes
(Caroline)

Caroline:

ISO/IEC 17025 is the standard for labs who do testing and calibration. So, I'm not clear how your search for 'product' suppliers fits here. Certainly there are testing and calibration products and, sadly, many manufacturers don't have their products calibrated in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited facility - they leave it up to the customer to do that!

Coury has asked the question, so with that info we can help more, perhaps.

P

pardes

Sorry about the confusion. I'm new to the site and didn't see a general 17025 message area.

I'm looking for a list of 17025 approved vendors that supply lab supplies, equipment, etc, not just specifically testing labs but vendors like Fisher, Supelco, etc.

Thanks,
Caroline

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Sorry about the confusion. I'm new to the site and didn't see a general 17025 message area.

I'm looking for a list of 17025 approved vendors that supply lab supplies, equipment, etc, not just specifically testing labs but vendors like Fisher, Supelco, etc.

Thanks,
Caroline

17025 accreditation is for laboratories, whether they be dedicated commercial labs (companies that do independent lab testing), or manufacturing companies with internal labs. If a lab supply business doesn't have an internal laboratory, they wouldn't be accredited to 17025, so it's still not clear what you're looking for.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Thanks,
Caroline

If I understand your question a little better (bear with me while I do a thought process):

You are asking if Laboratories Suppliers (OEMs), such as Fisher or Supelco, are on a list of approved sources to ISO 17025? With that interpretation, they wouldn't be unless they specifically asked to be approved/registered to ISO 17025, which is highly unlikely.

Now if your question is would these mentioned suppliers use a Laboratory that is registered/approved to ISO 17025, most likely yes. They would use a independent lab to calibrate any equipment that would need to be calibrated.

If your question is there an approved supplier of laboratory supplies/equipment per ISO 17025, the answer would most likely be no.

As some people have mentioned, ISO 17025 is used to registered/approved a Laboratory that performs calibration for measuring equipment/testing of materials as such, but not a laboratory that might make vials and such, in my opinion.

P

pardes

Okay, thanks. You are confirming what I suspected but didn't know for fact.

For example we have Sartorius come here to do balance calibration checks. They HAVE 17025 approval.

And as I suspected, vendors that are only suppling supplies or instruments are not required to have the 17025 just to sell items unless they are also calibrating them.

Is that right? Most of our lab suppy vendors are 9001 approved which I think is sufficient.

Thanks again for all the replies! What a goldmine of info this site is in our second year of ISO accreditation! Kudos to you all.

Caroline

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Okay, thanks. You are confirming what I suspected but didn't know for fact.

For example we have Sartorius come here to do balance calibration checks. They HAVE 17025 approval.

And as I suspected, vendors that are only suppling supplies or instruments are not required to have the 17025 just to sell items unless they are also calibrating them.

Is that right? Most of our lab suppy vendors are 9001 approved which I think is sufficient.

Thanks again for all the replies! What a goldmine of info this site is in our second year of ISO accreditation! Kudos to you all.

Caroline

Your welcome.

You apparently are right on track here. ISO9001 should be sufficient for the suppliers/situations that you have noted.

Top Bottom