How to handle Demo Units during an ISO 9001 Audit

T

TigerLilie

Question on how to handle demo units on the manufacturing floor during our audit. We have several demo units on our manufacturing floor. They are labeled as demo units and do not have travelers attached.

I plan to explain it to our auditor by saying these are demo units because we demo them to customers and at trade shows in hopes of obtaining firm orders. They are not customer deliverables. If a customer is interested in the unit, they are will be customized to the customer's specifications and at that point travelers will be generated before the customer's units are assembled.

What do you think?

:thanx:

T

Tara Monson

Re: How to handle Demo Units during an Audit

I'd say, as long as they are obviously labeled as demos and there is proofing of orders to ensure these do not go out with orders, sounds covered to me.

My question is, why are they on your MFG floor? Is there no other place where these could be located to VERIFY they don't go out the door?

T

TigerLilie

Thank you Tara. They are portable satellite communication antennas. Even though they are considered portable, they are large units and there is no space off the floor to hold them. The possibility they could be shipped to a customer is close to zero because they wouldn't have the customer's job number or serial number.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource

Question on how to handle demo units on the manufacturing floor during our audit. We have several demo units on our manufacturing floor. They are labeled as demo units and do not have travelers attached.

I plan to explain it to our auditor by saying these are demo units because we demo them to customers and at trade shows in hopes of obtaining firm orders. They are not customer deliverables. If a customer is interested in the unit, they are will be customized to the customer's specifications and at that point travelers will be generated before the customer's units are assembled.

What do you think?

:thanx:

Just mark them as demos. The auditor has no say or involvement after that point.

Top Bottom