California Proposition 65 Compliant (no more than 600 ppm touch area)

M

mooi mooi

HI,
Wonder anyone out there can help me with understanding this term.
We manufacture high power LED devices, and that includes BOM materials like aluminimum, pcb, capacitors, power supply components and so on.
We hve a customer sending in an RFQ that inlcudes the above condition.
What does that mean , and how do i go about implementing that. Please advise.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: a.CA Prop 65 Compliant (no more than 600 ppm touch area)

I have never seen it before. My first question is have you contacted the customer and asked?

M

mooi mooi

I have never seen it before. My first question is have you contacted the customer and asked?

Nope, for the simple reason that he may think that i dont know anything about that, and may even ignore our quote

S

sjared

That refers to California Proposition 65 which lists chemicals the state of California has reason to believe cause birth defects or cancer.

M

mooi mooi

That refers to California Proposition 65 which lists chemicals the state of California has reason to believe cause birth defects or cancer.

oK but then how do i go about ensuring a 600 ppm on the touch area?
what is meant by the touch area. The device that we manfacture is a light device that is hooked up to an electric fan operating on 110VAC.
600 ppm refers to what defective?
can that be measured ?

S

sjared

I think like Marc suggested you need to go back to the customer. This requirement seems too vague. You need to know exactly which areas are defined as touch areas and which chemicals the 600 ppm (.06%) requirement refers to. CA Prop 65 lists over 700 chemicals and they have different thresholds. I don't know anymore than that, sorry.

Top Bottom