Laboratory Test Scheduling and Tracking Gantt chart

Z

zakya

Hi all,
Sorry I have browse a little bit in the forum, but not able to find something relevant...

I'm trying to create a laboratory tests benches scheduling in excel on which I can visually (like Gantt chart) monitor instantly dates/duration of tests, test bench used/availability, tests status (in process, delays, completed) and personel involved. I want to be able to visually indicate if a test bench is available or not. I tried MS project which is able to satisfy this requirement but not enough flexible for my others requirements/calculation thus I want to do it in excel.

Bench 1 (test1, test2, test3)
Bench 2 (testX, testY,testZ, testW)
Bench 3 (testA, testB, testC )

Does anyone have some examples or suggestions on how to establish the best way to present the info?
In advance thank you very much for your help.
Ted

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Hi all,
Sorry I have browse a little bit in the forum, but not able to find something relevant...

I'm trying to create a laboratory tests benches scheduling in excel on which I can visually (like Gantt chart) monitor instantly dates/duration of tests, test bench used/availability, tests status (in process, delays, completed) and personel involved. I want to be able to visually indicate if a test bench is available or not. I tried MS project which is able to satisfy this requirement but not enough flexible for my others requirements/calculation thus I want to do it in excel.

Bench 1 (test1, test2, test3)
Bench 2 (testX, testY,testZ, testW)
Bench 3 (testA, testB, testC )

Does anyone have some examples or suggestions on how to establish the best way to present the info?
In advance thank you very much for your help.
Ted

Hi,

Although I'm not a MS Project expert any more :( (worked for some years with past editions but don't know the current one too good), I estimate that it would be easier to implement the calcualtions you miss in MS Project (macros etc.) than to implement the Gantt chart functionality in Excel. That is, if you don't get it ready-made from someone...

Cheers,
Ronen.

Z

zakya

Thanks for taking the time , you are right it seems that it is more easier to do what I wanted in MS project than in excel. I wonder if this is even possible with excel. My problem is that I wanted to share the workbook and not all the users would have MS project installed.
Once again thank you very much, I will continue digging the web until I find something to begin with.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Thanks for taking the time , you are right it seems that it is more easier to do what I wanted in MS project than in excel. I wonder if this is even possible with excel. My problem is that I wanted to share the workbook and not all the users would have MS project installed.
Once again thank you very much, I will continue digging the web until I find something to begin with.

Hi,

Some free MS project file viewers are available on the web. Another option is to save your MS project files in HTML format, which anyone can then view with a web browser.

Of course this is good for read-only users.

Good luck.

Top Bottom