VOC (Voice of the Customer) - Flowchart to determine which tool to use

J

jmichaelp

I was thinking about putting together a flowchart to show teams I coach the decision-making involved in picking out the correct tool (interview, focus group, survey, etc.) to use for collecting VOC. Before I start, I thought I'd see if anyone has done something or has seen something like this before. Thanks.

J

jmichaelp

Hi Marc, yes that's correct - sorry for using an acronym without showing its meaning. I have a lot of information about which tools to use when collecting VOC & this information looks like it would work in a flowchart format. Such a flowchart would help with coaching because the teams would be able to make a quicker, more clear decision regarding how to collect VOC as compared to reading through a lot of material.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I interviewed a service organization (carpet and drapery cleaning) leader who calls his customers within 24 hours of the service. Problems are resolved within 48 hours. He says it's much better than paper surveys.

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Here is a Stab

jmichaelp said:
I was thinking about putting together a flowchart to show teams I coach the decision-making involved in picking out the correct tool (interview, focus group, survey, etc.) to use for collecting VOC. Before I start, I thought I'd see if anyone has done something or has seen something like this before. Thanks.

jmichaelp,

When I think of VOC during design and development, I think Quality Function Deployment (QFD). Below is an address at npd-solutions that goes through the steps of QFD (If it comes up okay on your computer). Maybe this will help you.

Doug

http://www.npd-solutions.com/qfdcons.html

Geoff Cotton

jmichaelp,

I've been seaching the cove for articles on QFD (Quality Function Deployment) in the hope I would find an "easy" presentation on the subject when I came across your post....

Did you get any further with the decision flow chart for selecting techniques for understanding the VoC ?

T

Tom Slack

t everyone talk, askI don't have an example to show, but the first step is to get dirty. By going beyond the customer, your analaysts will get a better understanding of how the product is actually used. For example, if you make dental x-ray film, the customer is the dentist and the enduser is the patient. The first step is too permissions, second step is to listen and le open questions. Try to remember things are what they are and not what the supplier intended.

In designing your flow chart think diry to clean. Survey might be the ultimate clean. Sorry about the grammer and the short answers, but I'm in a hurry.

Best wishes,

Tom

J

jonnQ2

I like to collect VOC across the value delivery spectrum, i.e. (End 2 End perspective). Use a quick csr segmentation excercise to focus on the correct csr set for the purposes of your project. Do your homework with management and SME to develop detailed list of attributes/CSR quality requirements (stated, implied, specified etc). Then employing the Kano approach to gather internal perspectives (developers, operations support etc). Again use the Kano approach with back office / vendors to see their perspectives; objective is to include all tiers (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Then perform a focus group or survey with end users to see gather actual verbatims about product / service quality. Upon completion you have enough data to draw MSA (Repeat/Reproduce) & Gap assessment of perspectives, tools, and performance throughout your process. -JW

Mikael

Sorry cannot make a flowchart for you, as the answers allude VOC is not a clear term.

What is a voice ? and what is a customer ?

Different quality philosophies can determ different flowcharts.

Everybody and no one knows what VOC is ;)

Top Bottom