How to identify Six Sigma Yellow Belt Project

B

bhavyav

Hi all,

hope all are doing good:)

I lost my previous account at Elsmar so opened a new account again.

I am stuck with yellow belt project for six sigma certification, I am unable to make out what kind of projects can be taken to get a certificate in yellow belt. Kindly help me out with your inputs & suggestions on what project can be taken.

Thanks & regards,
Bhavya

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
what is your organization's definition of a yelow belt?
what prouduct or service does your organizatio produce?
what is your role in the organization? (for example, are you a manager or supervisor or individual contributor? are you in IT, HR, procurement, manufactuing, etc.?)

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The definition of a Yellow Belt can vary widely from company to company, and there is not a generally recognized body of knowledge.

Having said that, yellow belts tend to focus on Lean tools (not six sigma), and the Define, Measure and Control phases. Analyze and Improve are often omitted because the solution(s) tend to be obvious "Go Do It" actions. Yellow Belts also tend to be shop floor personnel (e.g., supervisor, technician, etc.) so projects need to be small and focused within their realm of control.

Beyond that, focus on the answers to Bev's questions.

B

bhavyav

Hi BevD,

Thank you for your reply, please find the below answers inline to your questions so that hope you give me suggestions on the project.

what is your organization's definition of a yelow belt? - small end to end project focussing on improvement areas
what prouduct or service does your organizatio produce? - visa processing service
what is your role in the organization? (for example, are you a manager or supervisor or individual contributor? - team member
are you in IT, HR, procurement, manufactuing, etc.?) - IT

Thank you,
bhavya

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
OK, so you should look for work processes that are manual and cumbersome adn/or error prone. what kind of automation can you put in place to speed the process up and reduce errors? I'm sure if you went out talked to some of the folks doing th processing they woudl give you plenty of ideas.

OR you could use waht is known as an "Ohno circle". go out to where the work is being done. stand there and watch for several hours. look for frustration, extra steps, duplicate work, building queues. you'll be amazed at what you can see when you look! (Quote attributed to Yogi Berra)

Top Bottom