Investigating the possibitlies of commencing an MSc. in Quality

K

Korky

Hi,

I have worked for the last 5 years in Software Quality Assurance and am now investigating the possibitlies of commencing an MSC in Quality. The general objective of the course is to give quality professionals a more strategic say in the running of a business as opposed to the operational side.

I have read through the course contents and have a query on 2 of the modules that would be part of the Semesters. These are:

Experimental Design
and
System Simulation Modelling & Analysis

There is some descriptive text on each of these modules, but i still cannot get this jist of what these modules are about. Has anyone any experience of working or training with these subjects? Could you elaborate how these could be used in a real world scenario?

thanks

Korky

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: MSc.Quality

Hi,

I have worked for the last 5 years in Software Quality Assurance and am now investigating the possibitlies of commencing an MSC in Quality. The general objective of the course is to give quality professionals a more strategic say in the running of a business as opposed to the operational side.

I have read through the course contents and have a query on 2 of the modules that would be part of the Semesters. These are:

Experimental Design
and

There is some descriptive text on each of these modules, but i still cannot get this jist of what these modules are about. Has anyone any experience of working or training with these subjects? Could you elaborate how these could be used in a real world scenario?

thanks

Korky

Could this be of help to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_process_modelling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_design

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps a start....

Good Luck with your studies.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: MSc.Quality

Hi,

Experimental Design
and

thanks

Korky
I'm pretty sure the MSc would NOT be limited to "software" design and quality considerations, but to to Quality applied across a broad spectrum of industries which would prepare a degree holder to participate effectively in the strategic planning of ANY organization with an emphasis on an efficient QMS.

For the first item, I suggest you google "Design of Experiments"

I suspect the second item has to do with computer simulations of a process rather than go to the time and trouble of creating a working prototype of such a process. This is a topic that would interest me. To date, many such simulations suffer from missing factors in the model or the wrong stress on included factors. In reality, the entire concept of process simulation is related to the time honored Quality practice of FMEA ([SIZE=-1]Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.)

Depending on the complexity and scope of the process under consideration, computer simulation can be extremely helpful OR time-wasting overkill.
[/SIZE]

Top Bottom