nado2020

Dears.
I’m trying to implement the COPQ in the HR department, in the following:
Turnover rate
Overtime
Motivation
Performance
I believe those goes under “poor people management “
Can any one please help me with some concepts, and articles, or presentation to check?:frust:
Appreciating your help :thanx:

N

nado2020

Can anyone help here?

thank you dear for the support,
i suggest t check the following article :

The United States is wasting $105 billion a year--an amount equal to 1.05 percent of the gross domestic product--because of poor hiring and management practices, according to a global survey of 700 managers in seven countries.
The London-based SHL Group, which produces psychometric assessment products, funded a survey to find out if it was possible to quantify the true cost of hiring mistakes. The Future Foundation, the London consultancy and think tank that conducted the research, calculated the overall cost of managing poor performers by multiplying the number of managers working in each country times their average salary times the percentage of time they spend managing poor performance. The average for the seven countries surveyed amounts to $153.5 billion in U.S. dollars.
"We seem to be doing a rather dismal job of managing poor performance" today, says Lawrence Karsh, president of SHL Americas in Chicago. While CEOs continue to insist that people are their most important asset, "at the same time, they put pressure on HR executives to cut costs," Karsh says.
The hidden costs include the cost of failure due to poor selection of new employees and the cost of managing these poor performers. Researchers found that nearly one in four (23 percent) U.S. employees believe their colleagues are incompetent--"a frightening statistic," says Karsh. In addition, almost 70 percent of mistakes by U.S. employees are never reported, according to the report.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]
Hiring based on old paradigms won't work in today's new "people economy," says SHL Group CEO John Bateson. It's critical to "put the rigor at the front end, rather than trying to fix things after making a poor hire. I'm not advocating slowing down your recruitment process," he says. "I do advocate injecting much more rigor into the process."
The report, Getting the Edge in the New People Economy, concludes that the competitive edge today comes not from the capital a company owns but from "the talent of the people it has managed to attract."

"HR Magazine"

if any one have more info about the same topic

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Dears.
I’m trying to implement the COPQ in the HR department, in the following:
Turnover rate
Overtime
Motivation
Performance
I believe those goes under “poor people management “
Can any one please help me with some concepts, and articles, or presentation to check?:frust:
Appreciating your help :thanx:
I am sorry Nado2020, I have very little ideas and concepts to help you. But, a small clarification, Motivation and Performance may not be the COPQ, rather COQ - Cost of Quality. Because you dont spend money to demotivate or underperform, on the other hand, you spend for Motivation and Performance.
Correct me, if I am wrong. Thanks.

N

nado2020

I am sorry Nado2020, I have very little ideas and concepts to help you. But, a small clarification, Motivation and Performance may not be the COPQ, rather COQ - Cost of Quality. Because you dont spend money to demotivate or underperform, on the other hand, you spend for Motivation and Performance.

Dear,
i believe that when employees are not motivated, this will reduce their productivity,

And COPQ is "Any cost that would not have been expended if quality were perfect"

For example, an employee gets for example 1000 $ a month for his work (and it should be 100% productive)
if the employee was not motivated, has so much to do, and working overtime , or living under stress form work, living in a bad work place, this will reduce his productivity to 70% ==> this mean he is taking 1000$ while he should take only 700$ a month

please share your opinion :) :thanx:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

"Cost of quality" is a phrase that makes no sense. If quality isn't making or sustaining profit, it ain't quality. Money invested in "motivation and performance" should result in return on investment. On the other hand, there is a cost associated with lack of motivation and poor performance that is never returned--thus the cost of poor quality.

Top Bottom