ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013

H

holly21

Hi All,

I'm the CQE Subcommittee Liaison and am in the process of recruiting for the CQE Exam Review Workshop that will occur September 20 and 21 (Friday and Saturday), 2013 in Milwaukee. At this time, we are seeking NEW candidates who have never participated before.

For those that are unfamiliar with this process, volunteers are asked to take the upcoming exam at home over a two week period. You submit your responses, and any concerns that you have over questions (repeats, no right answer, different answer for different industries, etc) to ASQ ahead of the workshop. Your responses aren't graded, but they are recorded and compared to what the other volunteers submitted. On February 25-26, the twelve volunteers meet at ASQ HQ in Milwaukee and review any questions that had a wide spread on responses and discuss, change the question, or delete the question and replace with another.

This is an intensive two day workshop, but it is also a great opportunity to network with other professionals, and can also be a lot of fun. All travel, hotel (for those who arent local), and meal expenses are covered by ASQ, and each participant is eligible to receive up to 2 recertification units for their participation. :cool:

If you meet the following qualifications, and are interested in volunteering, please e-mail me with your name, title, industry, location, ASQ member number, contact information, and if you have participated in a workshop previously. All information submitted is confidential and will not be distributed. Those volunteers who are selected will receive a formal invitation via e-mail.

Qualifications:

* current with your CQE Certificate
* member of ASQ
* located in North America
* willing to sign a confidentially agrement that prevents you from divulging information about the exam for a period of two years

We look for a good mix of candidates, so if you volunteer and are not formally invited, please know that your name is entered into the database of volunteers for future workshops. At this time I am only looking for people who have not participated in an ASQ CQE Exam Review Previously.

Oh by the way, I have permission from both ASQ and from Marc to post this here.

Please e-mail me if you are interested and I will pass your name on to the person who is sending out the invites.

Thanks,
Holly

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers!

If you are interested, you can contact Holly through the forum PM system or in this thread.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

I've done a couple of these. I can vouch it's not playtime, but I still found it rewarding and personally kind of fun. Plus, it works as resume bullet for volunteer work. I found it interesting to see how much effort goes into these exams. Oh yes, they tend to let the crew into the ASQ library for access to discount texts of various kinds.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

Holly, I am willing to volunteer. I assume the date you are referring to is not September 2011.

Member number 01056028, ASQ CQE and Fellow, reside in South Carolina.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

I second the idea that this is a good thing to volunteer. Milwaukee may seem like a "nowhere" place, but actually has good food and entertainment for when you are not closeted in the ASQ building.

My experience is that the various ASQ certification tests have gotten more pertinent and less culturally or gender biased over the years precisely because of this input on the tests from volunteers.

If you have the time to do this, I encourage you to apply.

H

holly21

Ah yes... thank you for correcting my blatant copy and paste from a couple of years ago.... The workshop is September 20 and 21 (Friday and Saturday), 2013.

Thanks to those who have endorsed this activity or volunteered.

Holly

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

Oops - I have a previous commitment for the weekend of September 20, so I need to retract the volunteering. Hope to catch this the next time.

K

kgav8r

This sounds like a great opportunity! I wish I had visited more frequently so that I didn't miss this chance.

Top Bottom