RABQSA is now Exemplar Global

R

Reg Morrison

I am curious to know if the people who are currently certified by RABQSA received notification from them about the change.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Reg,

I did. I also thought RABQSA had "jumped the shark" with its aggrandizing name change.

So I resigned my "Exemplar Global" certification to remain a plain old IRCA certified lead auditor instead.

John

R

Reg Morrison

Thank you, John. The name change reminded me of a great Dilbert strip from a few years ago:

Dilbert_Six_Sigma.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Yes, as auditors we know that we are meant to keep our egos in check. But one of our certifiers seems not to share that value.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I am curious to know if the people who are currently certified by RABQSA received notification from them about the change.

I was taking the RABQSA lead auditor course in Detroit in December when I learned about the change. It shouldn't have any effect on much of anything as far as I can tell.
Reg,

I did. I also thought RABQSA had "jumped the shark" with its aggrandizing name change.

So I resigned my "Exemplar Global" certification to remain a plain old IRCA certified lead auditor instead.

John

The name change came about as a result of a merger between iNARTE and RABQSA, so a the change shouldn't be surprising.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Jim,

I was not surprised by the change. I was surprised by the name chosen.

John

"Exemplar" is similar to "epitome" in being misinterpreted. Neither one, properly used, is a superlative. An exemplar is an apt or representative example, not a particularly wonderful example. "Epitome" is more or less synonymous. While I think "Exemplar" doesn't make much sense, I don't see it as being self-aggrandizing.

Top Bottom