MCF analysis with Left & Right Censored (Truncated) Data

• Thread starter Reliable.Outlier
  • Start date
R

Reliable.Outlier

Hi,

I have field failure data from 4 different batches of my firm's military land vehicle. (complex repairable system)

Data are both left and right Censored (Truncated). there is no gap in data.

I need to analyze MCF figures of each batch and fleet. Each batch has 12 vehicles and tens of failures.

Can I achieve MCF analysis with weibull++ 9? I looked for the examples but couldn't see an example with both left and right Censored (Truncated) data.
If answer is "yes, weibull++ 9 can achieve this analysis then how should I enter the data into Non-Parametric RDA folio? (Please see my excel). I entered my data into weibull++ 9 and had a warning. Warning says that only last entry can be E(vent) for a specific system ID. This means that only right censored data is allowed, right? (pls see excel 2nd sheet) So how can I achieve MCF analysis with left and right censoring? My case is a real life case so I think weibull or RGA can help me.

Also I will be very happy If you can show me any source for the analysis methodologhy of my case (both left and right truncated data MCF analysis)

INFO ABOUT A PART OF MY GENERIC DATA
for example
at 101st hour vehicle01 enters into analysis and vehicle 02 has a failure. for 101st hour there will be 2 rows. For the "event" titled column, one will print F because of a failure and the other will print E because of an event of system entrance into analysis. ıs it correct?

And also Vehicle 2's last age is known. (So data for vehicle 2 is only left truncated) Again should I enter E into the event column for this datum?

Should I differentiate these events (entrance into analysis
vs leaving analysis) in the software? If yes, how?

Any comments, answers will be much appreciated. I need your help, please guide me. Best regards.

Attachments

• MCF_left_censoring_data.xls
    48.5 KB · Views: 120

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

Top Bottom