Our supplier has submitted PPAP documents - What do I do next

kedarg6500

Quite Involved in Discussions
i am new to ppap methodology. one of our supplier has submitted ppap documents.what to do next with it.please guide

C

cncmarine

Did you request the PPAP ?
1.) Your first step is to review the format to detemine if the supplier met the correct level.

2.) Your second step is to review the data within the PPAP.

3.) When all this completed and correct. You sign off on the Warrant and fax it back to the supplier.

4.) You then add the PPAP to your PPAP

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the cove

As cncmarine said why did you get this PPAP?
Look at it and see what it says to you

V

vanputten

I agree with CNCMarine but only AFTER you understand your relationship with your suppliers and customers in terms of PPAP requirements. I sure wouldn't spend anytime reading it if you had no requirment for the suppliers PPAP and had no use for it. Step back and look at the bigger picture before you read one word of the PPAP.

Regards, Dirk

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
vanputten said:
I agree with CNCMarine but only AFTER you understand your relationship with your suppliers and customers in terms of PPAP requirements. I sure wouldn't spend anytime reading it if you had no requirment for the suppliers PPAP and had no use for it. Step back and look at the bigger picture before you read one word of the PPAP.

Regards, Dirk

Whether the PPAP submission was expected or not, it still could (and probably does) contain useful information, so there's no reason not to look it over.

IMO, no PPAP submissions should arrive unsolicited. Initial submissions are expected if PPAP is a normal requirement, and subsequent submissions due to changes should be done only after the customer has been notified and has had a chance to decide what should be submitted, if anything.

K

King Wang

Yes, I do agree with cncmarine, you must understand the reason of this PPAP submission, is any major change in your supplier site? After that,you have check these all information in PPAP carefully, specially on dimension, function,FMEA, Control plan and capability data, compare their drawings.

kedarg6500

Quite Involved in Discussions
i am new to materials dept.i was asked to review supplier quality manual implementation (SQM).SQM requirement is to ask for PPAP.
info on how to review & what to review will be helpful.
this is a new supplier being developed. i am in learning stage

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Ok,
I would divide the PPAP into 2 distinct parts, that of the part/material and that of the process.
The qualification of the material is obvious and to check that I am sure you know what to do.
In respect of the process:
I would compare the FMEA and the control plan to see if they were logically connected, risks expressed in the FMEA addressed in the CP. Examine your requirements for the part/material and see if they are addressed in the FMEA and the control plan.
There are different approaches, some look as the process as a document counting excercise and others as more valuable.
I suggest that you discuss in your company how much you want to analyse and if you want and can (a factor of size) cause your supplier to modify his actions if according to your feelings he does not address the issues.

Top Bottom