Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale/Man, Machine, Material, Method Spread Sheet

J

Jerri Starrett

I am building a spread sheet
EX: Man to productivity, Man to quality
Machine to productivity, Machine to quality
etc.
Ideas anyone?????
I need spreadsheet finished by Friday morning

thanks
jerri

Man Machine Material Method

Productivity

Quality

Cost

Delivery

Safety

Morale

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material,method

I am building a spread sheet
EX: Man to productivity, Man to quality
Machine to productivity, Machine to quality
etc.
Ideas anyone?????
I need spreadsheet finished by Friday morning

thanks
jerri

Man Machine Material Method

Productivity

Quality

Cost

Delivery

Safety

Morale

Welcome to the Cove, Jerri :D

Could you tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish? It looks like you're trying to adapt a fishbone (Ishikawa) diagram to spreadsheet form, but it's not clear what kind of information you're going to be tracking, and what you plan to do with it. Give us some more information and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Welcome to the Cove Jerri :bigwave:

Btw: I moved your question to this forum, hoping to attract more answers.

Give us some more information and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Yep, what Jim said.

/Claes

J

Jerri Starrett

My headings are the 4 M's

I am "connecting the dots"

How can MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, METHOD affect Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale. In other words, I need 3-4 words only that connect each of these together

EX Productivity to Material- ANSWER-material could be different from shipment to shipment. Hope this explains a little better.

thanks
jerri

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

My headings are the 4 M's

I am "connecting the dots"

How can MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, METHOD affect Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale. In other words, I need 3-4 words only that connect each of these together

EX Productivity to Material- ANSWER-material could be different from shipment to shipment. Hope this explains a little better.

thanks
jerri

I think the problem might be that perhaps you're going about the thing backwards. If you're going to do a fishbone-type analysis, you need to define a specific problem first, and then look for ways that it might be affected by the four (or 5) "M's." Categories such as "productivity" and "quality" are too vague, and it would be possible to list thousands of ways that people or machines could affect quality or productivity or morale.

How is the spreadsheet you're trying to devise going to be used?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Spread sheet: Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material,method

Hi Jeri. I'm with the rest of the crew here. Can you give us a little more information on what you are trying to acheive? Right now it appears that your view is so broad you will have a tough time getting any real insight, at least to me. I am sure that your have a goal in mind, we just aren't quite on the same page yet.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I'm with the rest here, it would help to know what the intent is and how you define productivity. Is it like the economists' version: The rate at which goods or services are produced especially output per unit of labor?

If so, you can compare the costs of employee related factors like I have discussed in my Stealth Quality articles 1-4, but we must be cautious in recognizng that there is a good deal more that influences the numbers that people call productivity. That's why I prefer to track the data versus use it as a concrete measure of results.

There is a cost discussion and calculator in this thread: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=9226&highlight=cost+calculator and also in this thread: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=13438&page=2

If you already know the costs of safety (a whole bunch of math similar to COPQ), delivery, morale (if measured specifically as absenteeism and turnover) and so on, you could probably plug these numbers into the pink cells of Worksheet 2 in my calculator. If you do this I suppose you'd want to change the graphs.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom