Is my MSA Study Spreadsheet okay to AIAG MSA Manual 4th Edition?

H

Hirstyuk

Hi All,

This is my first post, hope you can help. I have been asked to update our MSA from 3rd to 4th edition. I have updated the formula's that I can see but I would like a second opinion before we get our external TS audit done this year. MSA is big on his agenda.

Any critisism or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time (attached). Variable and attribute.

Attachments

• GRR Studies template.xls
    63.5 KB · Views: 840
  • QS066c MSA3 Attribute R&R blank.xls
    360 KB · Views: 763
I

Ingo1966

Hello Hirstyuk,

welcome to Elsmar,

I could not check you attribute MSA Excel sheet because the Reference Cell is protected.

The Gage R&R Excel sheet refers to the Average and Range Method Calculation. (TV and Tol)
But it is o.k. as it is still acc. AIAG MSA 4th.
I have checked it with Software Calibration Data (Ford).

ANOVA is the prefered Gage R&R Calculation attached you will find my Excel Gage R&R acc. AIAG MSA 4th which also reflects the different Situation of your Sample.

Attachments

• ANOVA+GAGE_R_R_V9.xls
    337 KB · Views: 909
F

filipo

Hello Hirstyuk,

welcome to Elsmar,

I could not check you attribute MSA Excel sheet because the Reference Cell is protected.

The Gage R&R Excel sheet refers to the Average and Range Method Calculation. (TV and Tol)
But it is o.k. as it is still acc. AIAG MSA 4th.
I have checked it with Software Calibration Data (Ford).

ANOVA is the prefered Gage R&R Calculation attached you will find my Excel Gage R&R acc. AIAG MSA 4th which also reflects the different Situation of your Sample.

Hi!

Can You please help me with my GAGE r&r with ANOVA table sheet? I dont know if it is correct, so if I can send you on your private e-mail.. I can't attach it, because some kind of problem with internet connection. Please reply to me,because it is very important to me. Also, I would like to ask if you have some GAGE r&r table with ANOVA that works fine.
And, if You can comment and explain why my gage r&r result is not ok?
And why, when I type every value the same(for example 270,42), my gage is not ok??
so,send me your private mail so I can send You my gage table.

Best regards

I

Ingo1966

Hi Filipo

download my attached ANOVA Gage R&R Excel Sheet put your data in the correct sheet depending on the Gage use and Sample Part Situation.

You can also put very easy your data's here in the Forum so me or other MSA Experts can have a look to your data's.

Is the Gage used for Product Control or for Process Control ?

Regards Ingo

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi!

Can You please help me with my GAGE r&r with ANOVA table sheet? I dont know if it is correct, so if I can send you on your private e-mail.. I can't attach it, because some kind of problem with internet connection. Please reply to me,because it is very important to me. Also, I would like to ask if you have some GAGE r&r table with ANOVA that works fine.
And, if You can comment and explain why my gage r&r result is not ok?
And why, when I type every value the same(for example 270,42), my gage is not ok??
so,send me your private mail so I can send You my gage table.

Best regards

Your issue is addressed in this thread. :agree1:

Stijloor.

H

Hirstyuk

Thanks for all your reply's, I have been thinking about using our Minitab version 14 software also but don't know if it is updated to the 4th addition. does anybody know? thanks in advance.

H

Hirstyuk

Is Minitab version 14 OK to MSA Fourth Edition

Hi Does anybody know if Minitab version 14 is okay to MSA fourth edition manual???

Thanks

A

Allattar

Cant see why not.

You can choose between the ANOVA and XBar-R methods of analysis, you can input tolerance ranges and historical standard deviations.

Previously in Minitab 12 the study variable was multiplied by 5.15 as per the AIAG standards at the time.

Since Minitab 13 it has been 6, again to match AIAG standards.

K

kcinala

Hello Ingo / All
We have some new personnel in positions requiring MSA Study input and analysis to be performed. We are looking for a workbook like the one you have downloaded to allow our team members to become actively involved with the process without a lot of confusion. I have entered data into GRR-Situation 3 for a micrometer used to measure material thickness on raw material and finished parts.

Can you review and advise if the data has been correctly entered?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
kcinala

Attachments

• 2-5-2012 ANOVA+GAGE_R_R_V9(3).xls
    356 KB · Views: 457
Top Bottom