Has anyone successfully challenged the new IATF site extension change?

M

msoules

Has anyone successfully challenged the site extension change?

We have three facilities in a row on one street. All are managed out of one facility. It makes no sense for us to have three separate audits.

And please forgive my lack of proper terminology - I haven't been involved in audits since QS but am helping the fight to end the madness revolving around this issue. :bonk:

Any advice is most appreciated.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Has anyone successfully challenged the new site extension change?

I am there with you. What a cluster *&^%. Seems that the IATF is being run by a bunch of dumbasses.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I am there with you. What a cluster *&^%. Seems that the IATF is being run by a bunch of dumbasses.

I am sure that IATF's oversight office in the USA is happy to receive feedback.

They can be reached here:

26200 Lahser Road, Suite 320
Southfield Michigan 48033 USA
Tel : 1 248 799 3939
Fax : 1 248 799 3943

R

Reg Morrison

Interesting. My experience with the IAOB is that they are totally opaque and 100% refractory to feedback, especially the negative ones.

They exercise their "authority" with an iron fist and could care less if the automotive supply chain does not like their mandates.

Just an opinion....;)

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

They can be reached here:

26200 Lahser Road, Suite 320
Southfield Michigan 48033 USA
Tel : 1 248 799 3939
Fax : 1 248 799 3943

Thanks for the address. But who is the big Kahuna?

And "Dumbass" was my nice word. No rational person can suggest the original poster should be subject to three audits.

R

Reg Morrison

Thanks for the address. But who is the big Kahuna?
International Automotive Task Force – The IATF is an "ad hoc" group of automotive manufacturers and their respective trade associations, formed to provide improved quality products to automotive customers worldwide.

Dale Hammer.:argue:

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator

How dare one challenge an organization such as this it has helped to improve automotive quality to the level that we have exploding airbags, ignition switches that start fires, floor mats that hold down gas pedals and the other nice things new car owners have earned to love and cherish.

Yes-sir-ee-bob:lmao:

R

Reg Morrison

In fairness, some of the most egregious automotive quality problems we've had in the recent past come from automakers that do not subscribe to the TS 16949 standard.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Subscription or no subscription to a standard.... Quality starts at the top. In the end.. bean counters rule.

S

ScottQ

Yes, the site extension Rule has been challenged successfully. All the sites must have one integrated QMS, one interdependent production network. One operations leader and "site" staff. A single support structure (HR, IT, Accounting, etc.). But the largest factor came down to the group of sites having a single corporate identity (no separate plant status) and single external postal address.
If you have all of that in place you should be able to get your CB to elevate the issue to their oversight office and have your case reconsidered.

Top Bottom