Internal Auditor Training exercises - Suggestions Wanted

A

ajrehl

Hi,

This is the first time I have posted on Elsmar so I thought I would introduce myself - I am a QMS Manager working for a growing construction consultancy in the UK. I discovered Elsmar some time ago and think it is a fantastic resource.

I was bought in a year ago to overhaul the QMS system and shake things up. As part of this work, I am due to train a load of internal auditors and was wondering whether any one had any good ISO 9001:2000 / QMS internal auditor training exercises that I could include to lighten the training.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

ajrehl

AndyN

Moved On
Welcome to the Cove - 'ajrehl' (a nom-de-plume, eh??):lmao:

Are you talking about training new auditors? There are already a huge number of very experienced trainers out there in the U.K - (that's how I started out.....) and quite frankly the time and effort you would spend pulling training materials together for a one time need isn't worth the effort. If you 'pick n' mix' your materials from here you will end up with a course which looks like 'Allsorts'.:lol: Seriously, the time to do something is substantial. I'm sure that there's a source who has construction industry experience (I did for a while) and could put the 'spin' you want on the materials to make it fit your needs.

If you do intend doing it this way, we'd all help, but it wouldn't be my first, second or third choice.............

BTW - how's that 'green and pleasant land'?
Andy

A

ajrehl

Thanks Andy.

The training course I have written is specifically designed for my company's internal project auditors and is very much tailored to the work in which we do and written in a language which project runners use everyday.

I have tried to make it easy to grasp, applicable to all jobs and in a non ISO 9001 language (which in my experience tends to confuse people). The thing that is missing is some exercises to demonstrate the audit process as well as providing some light relief and a break from me talking!

Therefore any suggestions for exercised would be greatfully received

Green and pleasant land is, well, green and pleasant! :bigwave:

Actually, sun is shining and work for a company who are QM +ve which is all good.

Regards

ajrehl (and no, you'll never guess what it stands for!)

harry

Trusted Information Resource
The thing that is missing is some exercises to demonstrate the audit process as well as providing some light relief and a break from me talking!

Why not choose one of the departments or even your own to carry out a simple real-life audit and guide them along. Make it a form of 'experiential learning'. Its going to be very effective.

Regards.

C

C Emmons

I am an advocate of case studies - lots of them - list different scenarios - have them determine nonconformance/noncompliance to both the standard and/or your processes - have them support their answers - present them outloud - get some good debates going - everyone learns!

atitheya

Quite Involved in Discussions
I agree with Harry.

One may conduct a practical exercise to conduct a mock audit on the lines of the established & documented procedure. Make groups and ask them to audit various departments, starting right from the checklist till the audit reports (or as your documented procedure says). Then, review them with discussions back in the discussion room with the entire class and finally commenting on the effectiveness of the audits conducted vis-a-vis what should have been done.

Top Bottom