Do your quality documents have the company logo on them?

M

Meggsy

As per the title.

I would be interested to know how many document systems that are intended for internal use only put the logo on everything.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary but am being encouraged to.

Thanks!

B

brahmaiah

Logo on all documents is not necessary but the name of the company has to be indicated fully or in short form in a prominent location on the document .
There is no harm if you use the logo on all documents.But when there is a change of logo you may have to revise all documents.
It is left to your choice.

V.J.Brahmaiah

J

JaneB

Entirely up to the organisation. Some of my clients do, others don't.

Some like to see their logo everywhere (particularly if they paid a graphic designer lots of money to create it). Others don't mind.

Hint: If you do use logos (or any other picture for that matter) for use in a Word document, size the picture/logo to the right size first (outside Word) and then insert it.

'Dragging' graphics in a Word file to resize them can enormously inflate the size of the file/s and add to storage, plus make them difficult to handle. More info here for example on why.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
As per the title.

I would be interested to know how many document systems that are intended for internal use only put the logo on everything.

Thanks!

Great question Meggsy.

I would not prefer company logo on al records but the ones that are sent externally, say to suppliers like the contract review records, or to external agencies shall have the company logo.

Again, as per earlier responses, its upto you and your organization.If there is a logo, the records look more formal and systematic, isnt it :)

B

brahmaiah

Great question Meggsy.

I would not prefer company logo on al records but the ones that are sent externally, say to suppliers like the contract review records, or to external agencies shall have the company logo.

Again, as per earlier responses, its upto you and your organization.If there is a logo, the records look more formal and systematic, isnt it :)

But Company Logo flying around all over the place may make it cheap,is't it?

S

Sam4Quality

My current company used to have logos on literally every document they used. Even if they wanted to send an internal memo, they used the logo!

I removed this system, mainly because of these reasons:

1. I find it of no logical use for all internal documents.
2. They take up quite a bit of file space, especially if they are high resolution logos.
3. They use pretty good amount of printer cartridge ink when printing. (If you want to print a 4 line page on a color printer, it takes atleast twice the amount of time to print if the logo is in there!)

The only place I have maintained the logos are on the Quality Policy and on the Quality Manual, both of which are many a times required to be submitted for tender purposes and if suppliers and clients ask for them. On the rest, I have the company's full name typed in the top right hand corner of the header.

Seems fair to me this way!

Ciao. :cool:

G

gudivaka

Yes we have our company logo on all our quality documents, with the document number. Its some times useful for differentiating the quality document to that of other general form.

I do understand is not a necessary but we dint find any difficulty in doing so.

As per the title.

Thanks!

B

brahmaiah

My current company used to have logos on literally every document they used. Even if they wanted to send an internal memo, they used the logo!

I removed this system, mainly because of these reasons:

1. I find it of no logical use for all internal documents.
2. They take up quite a bit of file space, especially if they are high resolution logos.
3. They use pretty good amount of printer cartridge ink when printing. (If you want to print a 4 line page on a color printer, it takes atleast twice the amount of time to print if the logo is in there!)

The only place I have maintained the logos are on the Quality Policy and on the Quality Manual, both of which are many a times required to be submitted for tender purposes and if suppliers and clients ask for them. On the rest, I have the company's full name typed in the top right hand corner of the header.

Seems fair to me this way!

Ciao. :cool:
Technically very sound decision.Fit to be follwed by others.

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource
As long as the documents do not have the logo from another company, there shouldnt be a problem either way!

sowmya

Involved - Posts
In my company there is no hard and fast rule to put logo. Its there in some documents and not in some. Its up to management.

Top Bottom