ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and 0HSAS 18001 Procedures Manual

E

Eddie25

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am presently preparing an integrated management system. I am presently preparing an integrated procedures manual to cover the above. Does anyone know where I can get a sample copy of a manual to compare?

I am trying to flowchart my procedures, so if there is a sample available that I can look at, this would be great.

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Eddie, welcome to the Cove, have you tried searching the site? Go to the top right of the page and use the search feature.

You will probably find many documents attached to some of the posts. You can also search the attachments at the top of the page (next to the lighthouse). If not, please come back and ask for more.

Last edited:
K

kgott

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am presently preparing an integrated management system. I am presently preparing an integrated procedures manual to cover the above. Does anyone know where I can get a sample copy of a manual to compare?

I am trying to flowchart my procedures, so if there is a sample available that I can look at, this would be great.

Ed.

Eddie; a manual is a road map to your management systems for the staff, customers and potential customers. This implies that its not meant to be book that one has slog through but something like a guide, a brouchure, a sales aid.

It's meant to be something that's easy to read and gives insight to the reader about how the company applies ISO xyz to the business.

If you read a brouchure about a holiday, would you expect it to be full of purpose, scope, definitions, approvals, revision status etc, before you even got to reading about the holiday? As the reader are you interested in those sorts of things or are you interested in reading about the holiday and getting a feel for how you might enjoy that holiday?

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Eddie, I can't post the procedures themselves, but here is an index to the procedures I developed for a demolition company which was recently certificated to 9001, 14001 & 18001.

Index to Procedures

1 Receiving enquiries & estimating
2 Planning
3 Purchasing
4 Control of documents
5 Control of records
6 Control of nonconformance
7 Corrective/preventive action
8 Internal audits and management review
9 Hazard identification and risk control
10 Consultation and communication
11 Identification of environmental aspects
12 Accidents and Incident reporting
13 Health & safety and environmental legislation and sector adopted schemes
14 Training and competence
15 Emergency preparedness and response
16 Legislative compliance
17 Fire safety

Hello Ed, and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:
I am presently preparing an integrated management system. I am presently preparing an integrated procedures manual to cover the above. Does anyone know where I can get a sample copy of a manual to compare?

First of all, I moved this thread to the ISO 10013 - Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals forum. The previous location had little to do with manuals and that may restrict the number of answers you get. I picked this particular forum for two reasons: First of all, because ISO 9001 is the only standard involved that actually requires a manual (though that may change in the future), but also because there are several other threads on the same subject to be found right here.

One question: When you say integrated procedures manual, do you mean a manual holding the documented procedures established for the quality management system, or just reference to them (ISO9001:2000, clause 4.2.2b)?

/Claes

E

Eddie25

IMS Manual & Procedure Manual incorporating ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001

Folks

Our company are presently ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 140O1:2004 certified. I have been asked to introduce an integrated management system. I need to prepare the IMS Manual and a Procedues Manual. If possible I would like to flowchart the procedures. Is there anyone there who would advise me where i can get a copy in particular the procedures manual or would be prepared to share their copy in the stricest confidentallity. Flowcharted procedures would be good if possible ,however anything would be appreciated it.

Also with reference to the aspects and impacts register and the legislation does anyone operate a simple system that they would mind sharing the structure. We have one but it is very complicated and cumbesome.

Finally, with refernce to OHSAS 18001 do you need the same for it or what layout do you need. I know this is a big ask Edd

J

Jeff Frost

Re: IMS Manual & Procedure Manual incorporating ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001

It seems that I have recommended this one a few time in the last month but you may wish to obtain British Standards document PAS 99. Basically BSI PAS 99 is a publicly available specification that shows a structure for the integration of 9001, 14001 and other standards such as OHSAS 18001 into an integrated management system.

E

Eddie25

Guys

I am presently writing an integrated management system. What procedures do I need for ohsas 18001:2007 part of it. Does anyone have any sample ones I could useor am I being a bit cheeky asking. Ed

Randy

Super Moderator
Guys

I am presently writing an integrated management system. What procedures do I need for ohsas 18001:2007 part of it. Does anyone have any sample ones I could useor am I being a bit cheeky asking. Ed

Take a look at 4.4.6, it's clearly stated what documented procedures are required

The next part of the answer is look at 4.4.4e, it also states what documents you need

After that everything else is either Hazard/Risk vs Control specific and country/location specific

There are no absolutes or finites, what procedures you need is unique to you

Top Bottom