Integrated CAPA database for Internal Audit and Nonconforming Material

M

MEDQA

Hello -

I'm trying to implement a procedure for recording and documenting Corrective and Preventive Actions and their effectivness.

I'm use to having seperate databases for Internal Audits, External Audits, Customer Complaints, Non-conforming Material etc. putting them into one database sounds like a simple solution, but I'm having a difficult time putting it together. :confused:

Any suggestions?

AndyN

Moved On
Re: capa database internal audit nonconforming material

Don't?

If they are a tough fit, it's probably because they are pretty exclusive of each other.......although related in some way.

T

tlonkey

Holly,

At my facility we have one excel spreadsheet that we us to record and track all our non-conformance activity. We identify each entry by type such as internal audit nc; 3rd party audit nc, production nc, customer rejection nc, etc. and also record our preventive actions and continuous improvement actions as well in separate tabs in the same spreadsheet. I have found that many of these activities are connected and it has been very helpful for me to have this information on one spreadsheet. It also makes it easy for our management staff to use and monitor the status of individual nc's that might concern their department. I hope this information might be helpful with you decision. Good luck.

tlonkey

Doug Tropf

Quite Involved in Discussions

Holly,

At my facility we have one excel spreadsheet that we us to record and track all our non-conformance activity. We identify each entry by type such as internal audit nc; 3rd party audit nc, production nc, customer rejection nc, etc. and also record our preventive actions and continuous improvement actions as well in separate tabs in the same spreadsheet. I have found that many of these activities are connected and it has been very helpful for me to have this information on one spreadsheet. It also makes it easy for our management staff to use and monitor the status of individual nc's that might concern their department. I hope this information might be helpful with you decision. Good luck.

tlonkey

Could you share the spreadsheet?

T

tlonkey

Holly,

Attached is the CAR log I was describing. I have added some notes to help explain how I am using it. I hope this can be of some help for you when designing your own system.

tlonkey

Attachments

• 8.5.2 Form 4 Rev 3 Log.xls
    102 KB · Views: 1,524
M

MEDQA

Thank you, that gives me some food for thought.

Do you track effectiveness somewhere else?

M

MarkBrad52

Holly,
I use an Access database I created with a seperate table for external audits, internal audits, housekeeping audits etc., and a seperate database for customer complaints.
Mark

Ettore

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello -

I'm trying to implement a procedure ......
Any suggestions?

Looking on the web I have seen that many people have builded database where, for manage very similar processes, are using different tables, queries, reports functions, macros etc. etc. etc.
For example may be one database with 30 forms and in any forms one macro for close the form, but someone could use for close every forms only one function.
I think that the second way could help you to spend less time for maintanance of it.
For manage all the quality assurance processes we could use only one table for all the objects that need to be controlled, one table for classify the objects, one table for recording quality records and documents, and not more than five tables for control all objects using control charts.
How many Objects have you used for building your databases? if they are many, is the maintanence of the database easy?
By

Top Bottom