Management Review - Internal Audit

E

Eloy Gomez

Hello: I work for an AS9100 Acreddited Aerospace company. We have broken down the Management Review Internal Audit into 2 steps. First one being Management Responsibilities and Second being Management Review.

What should the scope of the audit be for Management Responsabilities and what type of questions I should ask?

For Management Review Audit -- what should I also cover. I have an idea on what type of questions to ask and what information to gather based on AS9100 but I still like to hear other professionals input. Thank you.

Let me state that we have a quantity based culture vs. quality culture and our cost of poor quality is pretty high with Planning department having the most non-compliances.

R

RickRay

Hello and welcome,

Well you could approach it like this. For the management responsibility audit you could ask these types of questions:

-How does management communicate to the organization the importance of meeting and exceeding customer requirements and achieving customer satisfaction?
-Has management established a quality policy and quality objectives?
-Does management ensure that the customer needs and expectations are determined, converted into systematic requirements, and fulfilled with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction?
-To what extent does the ISO management representative has the responsibility and authority for promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.

I hope that helps to generate some ideas for questions.

C

Cornwap

Hi Eloy,

If I understand your proposed audit structure correctly my approach would be to cover management responsibilities through an audit of the Management Representative. This is based on the assumption that the management representative has responsibility for establishing and maintaining the system.

The attached audit questions cover the things that the management representative is responsible for. This is actually for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 combined. The clause numbers are shown so it is easy to insert AS9100 specifics. N.B. It is assumed that the management representative maintains a management review agenda covering the minimum requirement of the standards.

I would use the Management Review audit to focus on the operational aspects of top management including minimum review inputs / decisions + records, business objectives deployment / management, communication, resources provision and periodic policy review.

Best regards
Phil

Attachments

• Management Rep Audit Main.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 394

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
What should the scope of the audit be for Management Responsabilities and what type of questions I should ask?
Take a look at the AS9101 coordination draft posted here: http://elsmar.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8743&d=1213177256
Clause 4.2.2.2 is called "Interview with Top Management". It may give you some ideas.

Also look at the ISO 9001 Auditing Practices Group guidance documents, which can be found for free here: http://www.iso.org/tc176/ISO9001AuditingPracticesGroup
Especially look at the document titled "How to audit top management processes" located here: http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livel...pManagement.doc?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=3553985

Hopefully those will help. :agree1:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello: I work for an AS9100 Acreddited Aerospace company. We have broken down the Management Review Internal Audit into 2 steps. First one being Management Responsibilities and Second being Management Review.

For Management Review Audit -- what should I also cover. I have an idea on what type of questions to ask and what information to gather based on AS9100 but I still like to hear other professionals input. Thank you.

Let me state that we have a quantity based culture vs. quality culture and our cost of poor quality is pretty high with Planning department having the most non-compliances.

Eloy,

Look at this post + attachment.

Stijloor.

E

Eloy Gomez

Thank you all for your replies. The information provided will be very useful for the audit tomorrow.

Top Bottom