Is AQL necessary for ISO 9001 receiving inspection?

L

luciano

Hello friends

In need some help to understand if I need AQL for incoming inspection or not for ISO 9001.
I am trying to implement ISO 9001 in the factory where I work, and I don't know what to do.
If I don't need AQL, how I will establish the appropriate sample for inspection.
If I need AQL, which is more proper.

Thank all of you very much. :thanx:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
luciano said:
Hello friends

In need some help to understand if I need AQL for incoming inspection or not for ISO 9001.
I am trying to implement ISO 9001 in the factory where I work, and I don't know what to do.
If I don't need AQL, how I will establish the appropriate sample for inspection.
If I need AQL, which is more proper.

Thank all of you very much. :thanx:

"AQL" (acceptable quality level) isn't necessarily related to sampling inspection; it can be applied as a result of sorting, for example. What do you do now to verify purchased material before use? Some companies do a lot of receiving inspection using standardized sampling plans (what you refer to as "AQL," I presume) and others little or none, opting instead to develop suppliers and rely on them to provide conforming material. There is no ISO requirement for receiving inspection, per se.

L

luciano

Jim Wynne said:
"AQL" (acceptable quality level) isn't necessarily related to sampling inspection; it can be applied as a result of sorting, for example. What do you do now to verify purchased material before use? Some companies do a lot of receiving inspection using standardized sampling plans (what you refer to as "AQL," I presume) and others little or none, opting instead to develop suppliers and rely on them to provide conforming material. There is no ISO requirement for receiving inspection, per se.

Thank you Jim
I had some audits frome our costumers, and they ask me to show the criterions for incoming inspections. I don't have options to not verify the purchased material., and this inspections need to be veriy documented. I think, I can't verify 2000 part like 50000.
What do you suggest ?

Many, many thanks .

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
luciano said:
Thank you Jim
I had some audits frome our costumers, and they ask me to show the criterions for incoming inspections. I don't have options to not verify the purchased material., and this inspections need to be veriy documented. I think, I can't verify 2000 part like 50000.
What do you suggest ?

Many, many thanks .

You didn't answer the question--what do you do now? What, if any, specific objections did your customers raise? What sort of problems do you have with acceptance of nonconforming material?

As a starting point, you should use the Cove's search function, starting with the threads listed towards the bottom of this page. There's lots of information here regarding sampling inspection and sampling plans.

L

luciano

Jim Wynne said:
You didn't answer the question--what do you do now? What, if any, specific objections did your customers raise? What sort of problems do you have with acceptance of nonconforming material?

As a starting point, you should use the Cove's search function, starting with the threads listed towards the bottom of this page. There's lots of information here regarding sampling inspection and sampling plans.

Sorry because I din not answer to your question ?
Yesterday I had a free day, and I was not to work.

What I am doing now ? - to answer the question;

When I recive the suplly material I have a chekclist.
In my chekclist I am looking to:
1. If the material exist in my approved material list
2. if the supplier are approved
3. Documents (quality certificate)
4 I evaluate the conformity of quality certificate with tehnical characteristics
5 compare the material with master specimen
6 pack condition

(this is for plastic material . I work in a plastic mold injection factory)
For ather materials (pipes)
1.I masure diferent kind of dimensions
2 ...

But I don't know the proper sample size for quantity recived.

I had read the discution from forum.
Thank you for your time :thanks:

Johnson

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

I don't think AQL is a must. But it is a method which might be given up.
As an automotive supplier,the quality acceptance levl is zero. If one part is found with defect, the whole lot should be rejected no matter how large is the lot size.

I always use a fixed sample sie for receiving inspection. But th eacceptance cretiria is always zero !!! And there is no problem at all for customer auidtand the third aprty audit.

Best Regards,
Johnson Shao
:agree1:

L

luciano

Hello,

I don't think AQL is a must. But it is a method which might be given up.
As an automotive supplier,the quality acceptance levl is zero. If one part is found with defect, the whole lot should be rejected no matter how large is the lot size.

I always use a fixed sample sie for receiving inspection. But th eacceptance cretiria is always zero !!! And there is no problem at all for customer auidtand the third aprty audit.

Best Regards,
Johnson Shao
:agree1:

Thank you very much for your advice
My question is: How can I know the size of my sample to be relevant ?
Which are the rules to establish the size of my sample ?
Is percentage from the quantity recived ?

Best regards
God bless you

Thank you for your ansver

G

Gert Sorensen

Hi Luciano,

If you want to use AQL then this is what you need:

ISO 2859-1: Sampling procedures for inspection by attributes - Part 1: Sampling schemes indexed by acceptable quality limit (AQL) for lot-by-lot inspection.

Determine what quality level you can accept, and simply use the tables given in the standard to determine sample size and rejection criteria.

However, in order to help you further you need to elaborate a bit on what kind of raw materials you want to inspect. Is it compounds, foils, moulded items or?????

L

luciano

Hi Luciano,

If you want to use AQL then this is what you need:

ISO 2859-1: Sampling procedures for inspection by attributes - Part 1: Sampling schemes indexed by acceptable quality limit (AQL) for lot-by-lot inspection.

Determine what quality level you can accept, and simply use the tables given in the standard to determine sample size and rejection criteria.

However, in order to help you further you need to elaborate a bit on what kind of raw materials you want to inspect. Is it compounds, foils, moulded items or?????

Thank you very much .
There is another way to evaluate by sampling without AQL my incomings part ?
Usualy a recive a plastic raw material (PP, PE-LD, PE-HD, ABS....); colour pigments, metal pipes.
How can I establish the corect size of the sample ?
For me it's Ok tu use AQL, but if it's not necessary I don't want to complicate the sistem (we are not a big factory approximately 100 peoples, ) but allso I want to assure the quality of incomings
Many, many thanks.
God bless you

G

Gert Sorensen

Thank you very much .
There is another way to evaluate by sampling without AQL my incomings part ?
Usualy a recive a plastic raw material (PP, PE-LD, PE-HD, ABS....); colour pigments, metal pipes.
How can I establish the corect size of the sample ?
For me it's Ok tu use AQL, but if it's not necessary I don't want to complicate the sistem (we are not a big factory approximately 100 peoples, ) but allso I want to assure the quality of incomings
Many, many thanks.
God bless you

Another way of doing your incoming inspection would be to have some clear parameters with regards to your compounds. The more precisely you specify the compounds the better the certificates you get. So be precise and get your supplier to document via certificates that the compound is within specifications. If you want an extra certainty you can use a polymer testing system like the Davenport MFI-9. This measures the melt flow of the compound and can be used as an indication of the abilities of the compound.

Good luck :)

Top Bottom