Warehouse Layout Design

C

charliekh

Hello
Can anybody share me some practical experience about warehouse layout design. which principle need be considered? (efficient, visibility, FIFO or else?)does any systematical procedure to apply? I am appreciated for your share.

D

Duke Okes

A huge topic. The key principles to consider will likely depend on how the warehouses is intended to be used. For example, if it's used just to store things for internal use (e.g., receiving>put into storage till needed>pull from storage when needed> use>restock) then how it is organized will likely be different than if it's a high volume picking-for-shipping environment.

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
A huge topic. The key principles to consider will likely depend on how the warehouses is intended to be used. For example, if it's used just to store things for internal use (e.g., receiving>put into storage till needed>pull from storage when needed> use>restock) then how it is organized will likely be different than if it's a high volume picking-for-shipping environment.

yes, it's a very huge topic. I think the things that needs to be considered are
1) Kamban flow lane (if applicable)
2) Visual management
3) FIFO
4) Material flow - preferred to have smooth flow from receiving goods, issuing goods, and outgoing goods.
5) Special storage location for toxic, hazardous, high value items, and items which require special storage condition
6) Specific location for low usage and high usage material
7) Trucks, forklift and stacker limitation

:2cents:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Disclaimer: I have no financial or "affinity" connection with the organization identified below.

FWIW:
Some of the information contained in this "white paper"-type discussion of whether to deploy an electronic warehouse management system may help you focus on the factors in organizing ANY warehouse operation.

As most here in the Cove will attest, warehouse operations, either for receiving materials to use in production or finished goods for shipment/delivery to customers, are critical in determining overall efficiency and profit of an organization.

DanteCaspian

Quite Involved in Discussions
I would like to help, but you need to give a scope of what it is that you have now and what the vision is for the future.

C

charliekh

Disclaimer: I have no financial or "affinity" connection with the organization identified below.

FWIW:
Some of the information contained in this "white paper"-type discussion of whether to deploy an electronic warehouse management system may help you focus on the factors in organizing ANY warehouse operation.

As most here in the Cove will attest, warehouse operations, either for receiving materials to use in production or finished goods for shipment/delivery to customers, are critical in determining overall efficiency and profit of an organization.

Buecy,
Thanks for your sharing information and kindly help!:thanx:

Top Bottom