How to choose the right Certification Body (Registrar)?

samer

Involved - Posts
A Question that always comes to my mind , specially that I have heared a lot of complaints regarding the certification bodies performance ,should those bodies be an ISO 9001:2000 -as an example - certifed ? or is it just the reputation that you depend on in yr organization for choosing those bodies ?

for me I'm expecting from all of those bodies to be a certified companies ?I'm I right ?

any thoughts

Samer

Last edited:
G

Gert Sorensen

Re: How to choose the right certification body?

In Denmark they cannot operate if they don't hold an accreditation, that is to say that they need to have an accreditation to the specific standard that you are being certified to e.g. 9001 + they need to demonstrate an efficient qualitysystem and have auditors who are qualified within the field(s) that they audit.

I - personally - don't see the need for an ISO9001 certification, but I do see the need for them to demonstrate a well functioning qualitysystem

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

I moved this post to the correct forum to get better responses.

G

Gert Sorensen

Um... You may want to read this old thread: Non UKAS / EA / IAF accredited certification bodies - Certification company QMS .

It would seem that some... shall we call them creative? :notme: ...people set up their own accreditation organizations to circumvent that requirement. What I'm saying is that it is a good idea to have a look...

/Claes

Hi Claes,

I can see no reference in the above thread to any "players" on the danish field that does not abide by the rules of acceditation. Obviously, there is always the possibility of "alternative" certification, if that is the way one is willing to go. If you know of any "rotten apples" in DK please do let us know :bigwave:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

A Question that always comes to my mind , specially that I have heared a lot of complaints regarding the certification bodies performance ,should those bodies be an ISO 9001:2000 -as an example - certifed ? or is it just the reputation that you depend on in yr organization for choosing those bodies ?

for me I'm expecting from all of those bodies to be a certified companies ?I'm I right ?

any thoughts

Samer

Why should they be certified to ISO9001:2000? They are under scrutiny of the Accreditation Board (AB). The ASQ isn't certified to any QMS either.

You want to base the CB upon specific criteria to the company's need, be it either UKAS, RAB or any other accredited body, in my opinion.

Randy

Super Moderator

You won't find any certified to 9001, so quit looking you're wasting your time.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

any thoughts

Samer
The ISO advice on how to select a CB is freely shared. ISO 17021, the replacement of ISO Guides 62 and 66 require the CB's to have a QMS in place and give two options. Option 1 is for the CB to have an ISO 9001 based QMS.

Top Bottom