AS9100 and AS9102 - Does our supplier have to do the FAI using the 3 AS9102 forms?

V

ViableNick

Hi everyone,

Here's my question :

Our company is AS9100 certified. We are requiring an FAI done on product from a supplier which is AS9100 certified. Does our supplier have to do the FAI using the 3 AS9102 forms ? I am aware that they can have their own FAI forms as long as all the information from the AS9102 Forms is included and the boxes are numbered in the the same manner but they are telling me they do not need to use the forms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: AS9100 and AS9102 - Does our supplier have to do the FAI using the 3 AS9102 forms

You are the customer, so you define the requirements associated with the FAI and communicate them to the supplier.

Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) requires their suppliers to perform FAI in accordance with AS9102, in their X31764 document.

I would imagine that, in case you had a customer contractual requirement such as that one, you would want to flow it down to your suppliers.

MMESSER

Registered
Re: AS9100 and AS9102 - Does our supplier have to do the FAI using the 3 AS9102 forms

Yes I agree, you are the Customer, you therefore determine if AS9102 applies or not. If I were you I would start by looking at what you are actually flowing to the customer contractually.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

Hi everyone,

Here's my question :

Our company is AS9100 certified. We are requiring an FAI done on product from a supplier which is AS9100 certified. Does our supplier have to do the FAI using the 3 AS9102 forms ? I am aware that they can have their own FAI forms as long as all the information from the AS9102 Forms is included and the boxes are numbered in the the same manner but they are telling me they do not need to use the forms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your suppliers are only obligated to do for you what they have agreed to do in the contract or purchase order from you.

Top Bottom