Hai,
Can anyone explain the difference between the concentricity and
Ecentricity

Quality Journey,
Senthil Kumar

D

D.Scott

Re: Regarding Measurment on Rubber

These are terms used in roundness measurement.

Eccentricity is the term used to describe the position of the center of a profile relative to some datum point. It is a vector quantity in that it has magnitude and direction. The magnitude of the eccentricity is expressed simply as the distance between the datum point and profile center. The direction is expressed as simply as an angle from the datum point to the profile center.

Concentricity is twice the eccentricity and is the diameter of a circle traced by the component center orbiting about the datum axis.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

senthil said:
Hai,
Can anyone explain the difference between the concentricity and
Ecentricity

Quality Journey,
Senthil Kumar

What does this have to do with rubber? Once again, you've posted a question without enough information. Concentricity, in general parlance, is a state wherein two things share a common central axis. In Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) it is defined (in ASME Y14.5M 1994) as,
...that condition where the median points of all diametrically opposed elements of a figure of revolution (or correspondingly-located elements of two or more radially-disposed features) are conguent with the axis (or center point) of a datum feature

Eccentricity, on the other hand, usually refers to absence of symmetry, lack of roundness, or failure to conform to a circular path about a figure's geometric center.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Al Rosen said:
Maybe his rubber is out of round.

Sounds like a personal problem :D

It doesn't seem to matter wrt the question, though, but we don't know because Senthil didn't tell us.

R

ralphsulser

Cari Spears said:
An eccentric rubber?:tg::lol:

Cari, Cari, Cari....

Many moons ago I was in QC at a rubber hose company that made automotive hose for fuel lines, and vacuum lines. Roundness was improtant for a tight fit to the metal nipples of the mating parts. (no pun intended)

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

ralphsulser said:
Cari, Cari, Cari....

Many moons ago I was in QC at a rubber hose company that made automotive hose for fuel lines, and vacuum lines. Roundness was improtant for a tight fit to the metal nipples of the mating parts. (no pun intended)

We've now traveled from a simple GD&T question to rubbers, nipples and mating. I'm waiting now for a job seeker to ask if anyone knows of an open missionary position.

Top Bottom