Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) for Water?

Y

yoram

Dear Members,
have you prepared an HACCP for water?
If you have, please help with the hazarads.
Thanks,
Yoram

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
J

jitamea

Re: Has anyone done an HACCP for Water?

I have used
this
Risk Management Strategies in Drinking Water II link

for made a haccp water plan

excellent link

N

noorsuhaida

Re: Has anyone done an HACCP for Water?

i'm also search for ISO 22000 of water

S

Soon Loy

It is dangerous to use a generic HACCP Plan which can only be used as a reference while Risk Assessment Techniques should be applied base on your verified actual flow diagram.

Your CCP and OPRP risk topography really depends on the water source as well as the intended process type that is being used including the supportive PRPs that are in place.

Cheers!

N

noorsuhaida

thanks but now my management want to go for HACCP because auditor said it is hard to get certificate for ISO22000. must follow strictly. i've also learned a short course for HACCP. at my previous company,1 create HACCP document for frozen dim sum and successful get the certificate. the most important is the process flow diagram must correct,if not all the plan wrong

:thanx:

S

Soon Loy

In my opinion, as an investment into future of the business, HACCP Certification today appears to be inadequate.

Historically speaking, the resultant was the emergence of several private and sectoral standards. Whereas IMO, ISO 22000 provides increased assurances to your consumers that the FSMS is supported by requirements of the standard (see requirements).

The difficulty is really not in the documentation if your Consultant is familiar with the requirements of ISO 22000 but rather in bringing your facility & process controls up to speed in meeting relevant conformity and compliance issues. For example, in HACCP, the flow diagrams I have seen to-date are generally kept very simple whereas in ISO 22000 you would need to demonstrate the composition of the "3-Legs" i.e. combination of control measures covering CCP, OPRP and PRP.

In other words, when your facility is subject to a 2nd or 3rd Party Audit, you can be assured that the product's credibility is enhanced. I hope to change your view on HACCP and move to ISO 22000 afterall I sincerely believe that the bottled water business will grow tremendously when the future of safe potable water is in danger.

Cheers!

N

noorsuhaida

i'm already suggest my management to go for ISO22000. it is good because it more detail rather than HACCP. softly asking,do you a consultant Soon Loy? on my short course that i taken, i'm also study about other standard like ISO 9001 and ISO 22000. Many more subject that i need to learn beside them. anyway,thanks for advice me. thanks a lot:rolleyes:

S

Soon Loy

Hello Noor,
I have been involved and still is in all aspects of food safety for the last 16 years from training, consulting to audit. At 52 years old, I still get excited whenever I have a chance to get involved in this area of work due to the dynamic nature of this field.

I am sure you have the same passion. Also glad that you have decided to push your Management to consider ISO 22000. IMO its the only way to go. One of the reasons why FSMS Consultants are moving their potential clients to HACCP is because by September 2008, Audit of ISO 22000:2005 will be strictly regulated against ISO 17021 and this will impact whole lot of people. Also, you need to know if your intended certification is accredited to IAF and if not, it as good as "useless"
Cheers!

Top Bottom