How to handle defective supplier material Flow Chart

G

gorky911

Dear All

Anybody can help me?
I want to make business flow how to handle defected material from supplier. my question is :
1. What department which claim to the suplier? Quality Assurance Dept or Purchasing Dept?
2. How does the data flow? anybody can give me sample of flow chart for this?

Thanks in advance
gorky

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
The data flows the way you want it to! It is most likely that both quality and purchasing departments will be involved somewhere along the line but it depends upon your own system.

If you can briefly outline the main steps that you go through in this situation (bullet points would be ideal), I will knock up a flowchart for you.

G

gorky911

The data flows the way you want it to! It is most likely that both quality and purchasing departments will be involved somewhere along the line but it depends upon your own system.

If you can briefly outline the main steps that you go through in this situation (bullet points would be ideal), I will knock up a flowchart for you.

Thanks for your reply.
Main steps are:
1. Vendor send goods to our warehouse
2. Warehouse receive the goods
3. Warehouse ask Quality assurance to inspect the received goods
4. If any rejected part, QA send data to Warehouse
5. Warehouse send data to Purchasing
6. Purchasing claim to supplier
7. Supplier reply corrective action
8. Supplier send the replacement or repair or issue credit note.

If possible we will pay only good part, now we pay first all received parts (good and defect), and will issue debit note to supplier or ask supplier to replace the defect goods. And this flow is not good for our company. The management ask us to improve this flow.

Rgds,
gorky

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
A little difficult from afar but please see attached for potential solution. I have made a few assumptions and tried to keep it simple but you (and others) may wish to comment and amend.

Colin

Attachments

• Goods in.doc
    91.5 KB · Views: 505
Top Bottom