I have been invited to help edit an ASQ exam again

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I am considering whether or not to go. It is for the Certified Quality Inspector exam.

Last time I did this, I was very interested to get a look at what goes into writing and editing those exams, the statistical methods applied to decide whether or not to keep questions, and which reference materials were most often used. I have used this experience more than once when responding to posters here that ask about these exams, and I would do so again using care to avoid disclosure that violates the agreement I sign.

If Covers find this valuable, it would weigh on my decision to do it again. So I am opening it up for discussion.

Of course I have selfish motivations. The last trip was a pleasant experience, and I include it in my community service resume bullets.

BradM

Leader
Admin
I would jump on it in a heartbeat. If you're so inclined, it would make for a great Case Study on validation. Write it up and submit it to Quality Progress.

This is one of the reasons why I try to encourage people (I think you do too) to stay away from surveys and such. It takes a lot of work to develop valid questions. It is amazing how you can write one sentence; yet so many people interpret it differently.:)

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
That's true - I did enjoy it last time, and it's nice to get away some times.

I'll clear it with my husband and then make plans. :)

S

Sam4Quality

Best of Luck Jennifer! And I hope this time around too, you have an equally enjoyable experience as the last time!

Ciao. :cool:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
.....................I have used this experience more than once when responding to posters here that ask about these exams, and I would do so again using care to avoid disclosure that violates the agreement I sign.

If Covers find this valuable, it would weigh on my decision to do it again. So I am opening it up for discussion...................................

Why not? It adds much credibility to yourself and the 'Cove' when dealing with queries on the subject.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I would hope no one would expect any confidential information to be 'shared' here.

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
I would hope no one would expect any confidential information to be 'shared' here.
I don't think so. None of the questions I responded to presented themselves as such. They were about what was the best way to prepare and what materials were good, and I was able to answer without breaching confidentiality.

Top Bottom