Supplier Rating from SAP QM Module Data

A

alokb

We want to Benchmark the Operation and configurtion of SAP QM module with the best run organisation.
This is with regards to automatic evaluation of MIC and subseuent development of Vendor rating from the records of Inspection done and data logged in SAP.

Any Idea / feed back ? can some one offer some help.

Alok

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
probably the best in class SAP user from my experience is Intel. I would look to benchmark them.

in m experience, SAP is great at what I call 'alphanumeric' data. it counts things and tracks them really well. it knows how much inventory you have and where you have it. they have a good BOM system. BUT when it comes to numerical or technical data they are out of their sweet spot.

SO, QM is good for tracking the number of lots inspected and their pass fail status. it links well to a NCP system (Qnotes) that tracks status and activity fairly well. BUT if you are interested in the detailed data resulting from the inspection you will need a different application.

A

alokb

Thank a lot for your reply ,I fully agree with you ,nevetheless we have to work under the software enviorment provided to us.

Our is metal and mining company , looking for quality assurance of incoming raw material .
Intel appears to be operating entirely on different platform. Do you have any one else in mind.
Please forgive me for not mentioning ,initially ,about my industry type .
regards,

Alok

Top Bottom