Boeing D6-51991 Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition

paultyler

Involved In Discussions
Boeing has added a paragraph to the requirements.

8.6.2. Plotting equipment shall be located in a temperature and humidity controlled
environment.

Can anyone tell me the purpose/reason the plotting equipment has to be located in an controlled enviroment?

A

andygr

Keep in mind that this statment is under the section "8.6 Use of Plots". The reason this statment was included is based on the same view as any other inspection tooling.
Per the referanced specification D1-8110-9 there is a requirement to account for temperature and humidity in the creation and use of plots
"Development and validation of PDTs will be done in an environmentally controlled area using a real time monitoring system for temperature and relative humidity."
This concept of monitoring temperature and humidity is also addressed in section 5.3 of ISO 17025
:2cents:

paultyler

Involved In Discussions
I understand that it is written as a requirement. But why would this be requried. Aircraft are not built in controlled enviroments. If I am checking a plot after it is made to verify the accuracy then why would it need to be made in a controled enviroment?

A

andygr

I guess that the key is to ask why are you making the plot? Is it being used to determine compliance then this is why the controles are required. Airplanes actualy are built in controled enviroments. The controles are approprate for the activity/function being performed. If you ever get the chance you need to visit a assembly line to see some of the controles and precision required. Not to say I have not seen the get a bigger hammer approach by a mechanic :notme:
The key should be that the control is approprate to the inspection being performed. In your case if you truly belive, and can provide objective evidance, that what you are going through is not required get your Boeing PA to put your case forward and get contractual relief granted.
:2cents:

Top Bottom