Internal Auditing form or plan example needed

C

c0l133n

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new at all of this ISO stuff, however I was wondering if anybody could help me out with an Internal Auditing form? Not a checklist. Your help would be really appreciated! Thank you

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Internal Auditing form/plan

Exactly what are you looking for if not a checklist? What are you considering an internal audit form? The audit report? I am really sorry, I just am not quite following, but it could be just me? anyway welcome to the quality arena. glad to have you with us.

C

c0l133n

Sorry if I'm not too clear about what I need, like I said I've only been learning about ISO for about a month now. Hmmm so how do I put this... not a checklist, but more of a plan, documenting the area(s) to be audited, the scope of the audit, the auditors, the proposed schedule, corrective actions to be verified, etc. My company already has a plan, but I didn't know if anybody could help me out with one that looks a little bit nicer.

...and if none of this makes sense, I apologize haha because all of this ISO stuff is completely greek to me so far...

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator

Sorry if I'm not too clear about what I need, like I said I've only been learning about ISO for about a month now. Hmmm so how do I put this... not a checklist, but more of a plan, documenting the area(s) to be audited, the scope of the audit, the auditors, the proposed schedule, corrective actions to be verified, etc. My company already has a plan, but I didn't know if anybody could help me out with one that looks a little bit nicer.

...and if none of this makes sense, I apologize haha because all of this ISO stuff is completely greek to me so far...

A good place to start might be the Post Attachments List (green bar at the top of the page) where you'll find several internal audit-related documents. Some of them are checklists, but I think you will find a nice variety there and maybe something you like better than what you currently have to work with. Just a thought. I've found several good things in that list that I've been able to customize for our needs.

Hope this helps. :cfingers:
And yes, welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

AndyN

Moved On

I'd suggest that rather than trying to gather 'odds and ends' of auditing examples here, you should get some training or some on-site help.

Looking at your posts, what your asking for doesn't exist as a 'form' and a plan doesn't contain all of what you're after, either.

Typically, an internal quality systems audit program has-

a procedure for planning, performing and reporting audits, a schedule of audits, audit notification form, audit planning/preparation forms (might be for creating a checklist) audit non-conformance form, auditor notes form, audit summary form and then the corrective action form required by the corrective action procedure. There will also be some kind of auditor competency criteria defined, a method of evaluating that, records of auditor training etc. etc.

So you see, it's kinda difficult to help you without you knowing what, specifically, you're after.

Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

It does make sense, and what you are looking for is here. There are examples of audit schedules (plans) and there are audit report form examples.

I can understand Andy saying you could use outside help, but auditing isn't rocket science. Just reading here and asking questions should give you what you need. If you have a current plan, you could 'scrape' you company name and anything confidential off it and upload it here as an attachment for people to critique.

One place to start is a look through The Basics of Auditing.

If you Search in the forums, you will find posts like this one: Internal Audit Report.doc

Want an example audit schedule? See: Internal Auditor Schedule1.xls

documenting the area(s) to be audited
This goes in the Audit Plan

the scope of the audit
That is department or process specific. Which are you auditing?

the auditors
You can put these in the schedule.

corrective actions to be verified
These would be in audit report pages.

Also look for audit form examples in the Post Attachments Listing and the Free Files Directory.

Also - Check the 'Similar Threads' listing at the bottom of this page, and read this thread: Developing an Internal Audit Schedule.

Hope this helps some.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

You make sense, I just wanted to make sure I didn't steer you wrong. As far as a template, Marc has a lot of stuff in the attachments. I always encourage people who are just getting into the QMS stuff to get training. you can do it on your own, but you can jumpstart the process with some training. And, of course, when you combine what you learn at a class (I suggest an implementation class first, an auditing class second) with all the knowledge of the Cove and resources that Marc has kindly put together, you really have the best tools you can get.

ps Use the search function, it is great, and at the bottom of each thread is also a list of related threads.

C

c0l133n

Thank all of you for your help! I appreciate it a lot :)

Top Bottom