MIL STD 105 D or ISO 2859-2? Receiving Metal Sheets

A

amejel

Hi. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

My company is implementing a new quality control process upon the reception of products from our suppliers. I'm puzzled between using the MIL STD 105 D or the ISO 2859-2. The company receives one lot of metal sheets every 07-15 days of somewhere 50-60 units.

Would it be more accurate to do a sampling process based on the MIL STD 105 D when we consider the lots to be coming in series in the scope of the year or should just I sample things out using the ISO 2859-2 for isolated lots?

Any suggestions or explanations will be very appreciated.

Many thanks.

A

amejel

Thank you you much for your reply.

was my previous post clear or not? :)

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

My company is implementing a new quality control process upon the reception of products from our suppliers. I'm puzzled between using the MIL STD 105 D or the ISO 2859-2. The company receives one lot of metal sheets every 07-15 days of somewhere 50-60 units.

Would it be more accurate to do a sampling process based on the MIL STD 105 D when we consider the lots to be coming in series in the scope of the year or should just I sample things out using the ISO 2859-2 for isolated lots?

Any suggestions or explanations will be very appreciated.

Many thanks.

Curiosity - is this done because you are doing 100% inspection or no inspection and no issues or because a customer is telling you to do it.

Please consider how critical the process is and if it needs sampling on receiving inspection.

Top Bottom