Release of AIAG's CQI-7: ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Guide

Q

qsmso

Dear friends,
Regarding AIAG news update. It's announced about release of guide line of CQI-7: ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Guide.
Any one of us has a chance to review that document?

This document is intend for AIAG member only, I believe.

QSMSO

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I'm familiar with the "IATF Guidance to ISO/TS 16949:2002." Is that a different document?

S

Sam

howste said:
I'm familiar with the "IATF Guidance to ISO/TS 16949:2002." Is that a different document?

This is a step-by-step implemetation process for TS2, and, yes it is only available to members of AIAG.

howste

Thaumaturge
I got the announcement email from AIAG over the weekend. I guess I'll have to get a copy and check it out...

Satellite

Involved In Discussions
Actually, this Guide is available to anyone. I just got it today and we are not AIAG Members. To download it from their web site you need to be a member. Hardcopies are what you get if you're not a member.

As far as it being usefull, that depends entirely on where in the adaptation process you are. If you've been working on conversion for a while it may not be what you are looking for. On the other hand if you are just starting it is probably very helpfull. (Sorry for the mixed signals, but it all depends on your system.)

Crusader

Guide is for members Only / Tool is Free

I tried to get the Guide and it is not downloadable unless you are an AIAG member. Only the Process Tool is free and downloadable for anyone.
I think the AIAG membership pricing is outrageous and the non-member pricing is robbery. My company can't justify the membership fees.

Crusader

can't download flyer

Ken,
I can't download the attachment. But, I did receive a flyer from the AIAG and it might be the same one. Still, I have tried and the AIAG will not let me download the Guide.

Thanks,
Lee

K

Ken K

They are currently having problems with downloading the guide. Should be available on Monday.

howste

Thaumaturge
As I do contract auditing for a registrar that is a member of AIAG, I was able to get an electronic copy of it. I have only this morning had a chance to skim through it (it's 207 pages long!). My impression is that it's an excellent reference to be able to identify differences in focus and requirements from QS-9000 to TS. It has two crossover matrices correlating QS-9000 and TS requirements that allows a quick reference of changed requirements.

Top Bottom