Should I have a new policy for implementing BRC Food Safety Management System?

D

dounia

Hi,

I work in a company that ia already certified ISO 9001 and I am in the process to implement The BRC. My question is : shall I issue a new policy or add to the ISO one safety and legality requirements!

D

dmp06

Re: Tell me How to Write a Quality Manual

My practice is to not complicate the process when integrating a system. Take your current Policy, ensure it is still relevant and add to the statement.

Remember that you are audited to the policy. So whatever your policy says your system must support. Hope this helps.

D

dounia

Do u have idea what shall I do to update my system to ISO 2008

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Hi,

I work in a company that ia already certified ISO 9001 and I am in the process to implement The BRC. My question is : shall I issue a new policy or add to the ISO one safety and legality requirements!

Are you referring to the British Retail Consortium Food Safety Management System? If so, they do not have ISO 9001 roots although there are some common areas. I would not mix them up as to me, one is an apple and the other an orange - a new policy is in order.

AndyN

Moved On

Do u have idea what shall I do to update my system to ISO 2008

Could you be clearer with your request?

Do you mean ISO 9001:2008? If so, there are lots of discussions here in other threads - try a search. Basically, nothing changed from 2000......but the discussion make interesting reading!

If you are looking to upgrade your system to ISO 22000 from ISO 9001, then, once again, there are a number of dicussions here. Please look at the bottom of this page for similar threads. I'm sure others here will also add their comments.

T

tsmith7858

I have a single policy statement that has worked for both ISO 22000 and BRC and I am working towards registration on ISO 9000 and intend to use the same statement.

It is your system so you should be able to write a policy that suits your needs based on the standards.

D

dounia

I have a single policy statement that has worked for both ISO 22000 and BRC and I am working towards registration on ISO 9000 and intend to use the same statement.

It is your system so you should be able to write a policy that suits your needs based on the standards.
I really appreciate your reply, my concern was not to make the policy complicated to ensure that all employees at all levels are able to understand the policy as it's an every day simple and clear " prayer".... thank you again

D

dounia

Dear,

I need to know and if possible urgently is the traceability procedure a requirement in ISO 9001

Regards,

D

dounia

Specifications and codes of practice

Dear,

In the BRC global standard, it's mentionned in bullet 2.10.1 that the company shall ensure that appropriate specifications or codes of practice exist for raw material, Finished Goods and semi-processed product (where appropriate).

It's clear for me specifications of RM or FG but what is codes of practice for raw materials and Finished goods??

Does somebody have examples?
Thank you,

Top Bottom