Can our daily operations meeting be considered as Management Review?

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Management Review

Hi everyone,
We have our Daily Operation's Meeting. In this meeting, our GM discussed what happened during yesterday's operation. If there were problems encountered, action items that would affect quality of the product, it shall be discussed on that meeting.

Concern:
1. Can our daily operation's meeting considered as Management Review, since all department heads are well represented during the meeting?
2. Or we could consider this part of Management Review, e.g. other activities?
3. If our Daily Operation's Meeting would be okay, do we still need to conduct a Management Review? :confused:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you for the continuous support.

Best regards,
Raffy

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
An old known is that most companies (all?) have some elements / aspects of management review requirements fulfilled in 1 or more meetings. Businesses do not typically operate in a vacuum. The question is where is each required aspect discussed. If you can tie those together that's all you need.

There is no requirement that everything (every aspect, such as internal audit results, suitability of the quality system, etc.) be discussed in one big meeting.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Marc,

"The question is where is each required aspect discussed." Are you referring to a certain meeting wherein we could discuss the summary of our Operation's Meeting? The summary of the Operation's Meeting was been discussed during our Management Review, which happen annually.

"If you can tie those together that's all you need"
>>> But with these, I think this clearly answer my question. :agree:

Thank you for the continuous support.

Best regards,
Raffy

D

David Mullins

checklist

Presumably in a procedure or manual you have a list of what items will be examined at management review.
Use this as a checklist, but writing along each item the meeting at which this item is reviewed.
Subsequently, list all those meetings that make up the total management review.

Meeting?

There is no requirement that everything (every aspect, such as internal audit results, suitability of the quality system, etc.) be discussed in one big meeting.

As a point of interest, I find nothing in the standard that tells us we have to have any meeting as such at all... We have to regularly use the required info to review the system and take appropriate action, but not necessarily in meetings.

We hold MR meetings too as I suppose everyone does, but there could be other ways. Is anyone out there doing this in a different way?

/Claes

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Claes Gefvenberg says it quite well - there is no requirement for a meeting per se. But - how else do most companies address the issue? I haven't seen it done in a different way because, I think, most of the evaluations require interaction between people. I also would like to hear of anyone fulfilling managent review differently.

> Are you referring to a certain meeting wherein we could
> discuss the summary of our Operation's Meeting?

Nope. Not the operations meeting its self. That meeting might fulfill one or more 'review' requirement.

> Use this as a checklist, but writing along each item the
> meeting at which this item is reviewed.

Yes. Exactly. There is an old example in the pdf_files directory (Mgmt_rev.pdf).

Randy

Super Moderator
From my perspective I'd buy off on elements that are reviewed at different times. Saving eveything up for one big meeting isn't a good business practice either.

J

JodiB

I agree that Mgt. Review can be addressed in multiple meetings. The key is to include all of the inputs and produce the outputs that are required. Just having the department mgrs "well represented" doesn't constitute a mgt. review mtg.

I don't see within the description of Raffy's daily operational meetings the additional elements of trend analysis or anything else that is of a cumulative nature. It appears that only the previous day's activities are addressed, with no business planning beyond the current day.

Can this really be accepted as an adequate substitute? (this is a real question, not a sarcastic statement:) ) Does it meet the "letter of the law" as well as the intent? I was under the impression that these mgt. review meetings were to decide bigger issues that would change policies or procedures and make decisions regarding capital assets, etc.

Plus, aren't the top mgt group reps supposed to be there? Not sure how Raffy's company has defined their top mgt group, but it's possible that the CEO or VP's aren't in these daily meetings.

I agree Randy,

Saving a big pile of work for one meeting stinks. That usually means that the issues fade out of focus between meetings, and prompt action becomes a rarity.

/Claes

A

Al Dyer

Just my opinion but there is a need for some type of direct evidence of management review. Even though meetings are not required how to the posters document the evidence of management reviews, resulting actions, and effectiveness?

Sign-in sheets
Agendas
Minutes
Continuous Improvement projects

Top Bottom