First Mile Stone/Cut-Off Date for AS9100 Transition - R.I.P. AS9100 Rev. B

J

Joy

Finally,we reached the first mile stone of AS9100 transition schedule and being in the East we are little early to touch that.Though in last three weeks,I was not involved in any Rev.B audit but feel few requirements were good with Rev.B, which are dropped.

Even though scoring was sometimes headache at the end of audit,still it could be used as a great tool if the consistency in interpretation and audit quality could be mainatained among all CBs.In recent time when I explained the changes in Rev.C during closing meetings,I faced questions from management about the methodology for assessing degree of compliance,as the scoring is dropped.

It is now a matter of time to forget key and non key requirement but the journey was great.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: First Mile stone/Cut-off date for AS9100 Transition

And, as of today, OASIS reports 308 certified sites against AS9100 Rev. C against 12707 certified sites against AS9100 Rev. B, which will be required to make the transition within the next 365 days, or have their certificates revoked.

J

Joy

Thanks Sidney.

The figure would not be alarming if resources are available with CBs.Any data on that?How many Rev.C qualified AEA and AA available to handle this load?

In addition to the present figure,there would be new addition and would be more than previous years if organisations from defense accept the standard.

J

Joy

Sidney,

A small miscalculation by you:).It is not 365 days.It is approx 250 days.Week ends aprox 96,other holidays approx 15-20 days in each country, starting with your holidays next week.Hope, you would not like to audit on these days.

I did not consider travel times and auditor's leave entitlements.

Still some CBs are not listed for Rev.C.

Though,IAQG has established a time frame to control the transition process but time itself is a subject which is beyond our control so we will reach the second mile stone as per schedule:D.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Sidney,

A small miscalculation by you:).It is not 365 days.It is approx 250 days.Week ends aprox 96,other holidays approx 15-20 days in each country, starting with your holidays next week.Hope, you would not like to audit on these days.

I did not consider travel times and auditor's leave entitlements.

Still some CBs are not listed for Rev.C.

Though,IAQG has established a time frame to control the transition process but time itself is a subject which is beyond our control so we will reach the second mile stone as per schedule:D.
But weekends and holidays are not excluded. I've been involved in audits on weekends and holidays on multiple occasions due to schedule needs and multiple shifts. Also, I'm sure that when "crunch time" comes some poor people will be delegated the task of working around the clock to get their systems ready for the transition. Still I doubt that all organizations will make it in time.

J

Jeff Frost

Much worse. There are several suspended CB's.

During my AATT course in April the IAQG rep told us that it is believed 150 auditors will not renew their credentials to keep their certifications as 91XX auditors out of the pool of 600.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
During my AATT course in April the IAQG rep told us that it is believed 150 auditors will not renew their credentials to keep their certifications as 91XX auditors out of the pool of 600.
Jeff, according to the numbers I have access to, there were around 810 AS9100B qualified auditors (AEA's) in OASIS. Based on the trend of approvals, currently we should have around 650 individuals qualified for the AS9100C document. So, there is a deficit, for sure.

The deficit is more pronounced for AS9110 and AS9120.

Last edited:

phxsun2001

Involved - Posts
Registrars have been adjusting the ASXXXX auditor pay to keep their AS Auditors. After checking with Auditors from a few registrars, the average is about $750 plus one day of reporting time. This rate is without travel time.

TY

Top Bottom