Upcoming FAA Audit - What to expect (subtier for a Repair station)?

Q

QAM21

Hi folks, great website, great info. I just joined, been in aerospace QA for 28 years, from primes to current little machine shop, been QAM or some version of it for about 10 yrs now. Just finished implementation of ISO/AS and have constant questions on one thing or another, so y'all have come in real handy!
Current question: We have an upcoming FAA audit, anyone have any experience with those??
thanks
QAM21

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: FAA Help-Upcoming Audit

Hi folks, great website, great info. I just joined, been in aerospace QA for 28 years, from primes to current little machine shop, been QAM or some version of it for about 10 yrs now. Just finished implementation of ISO/AS and have constant questions on one thing or another, so y'all have come in real handy!
Current question: We have an upcoming FAA audit, anyone have any experience with those??
thanks
QAM21

I have moved this thread and retitled it. It is better suited for the FAA Forum than the Water Cooler

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: FAA Help-Upcoming Audit

thanks
QAM21

Well QAM21 the responses you'll get here will depend on what type of facility you're managing. Is it a Part 21 production center audited by your regional MIDO office or a Part 145 Repair Station audited by your regional FSDO office? In either case your facility will be audited against what your FAA approved Quality Manual says just the same as in AS and ISO. I'm going to assume you have an FAA approved quality manual? If that is the case your procedures will be audited towards compliance to the same. Any gaps or departure from those procedures that are observed during the audit are subject for an audit finding. Any findings that are backed-up by a regulatory enforceable requirement will be subject to an FAA (EIR) Enforceable Investigative Report which may incur civil penalties unless Corrective Action is taken that is acceptable to your FAA oversight office.

Rob

A

andygr

Re: Upcoming FAA Audit - What to expect

Take a look at ORDER 8100.7C CHG 3 since it has all the questions and applicable requirements included that they will use.

Q

QAM21

Re: Upcoming FAA Audit - What to expect

Folks, thanks for your insight! We are only a subtier for a Repair station and the audit is against their work. We have been audited by several primes for other customers, but this is our first FAA gig. Just wondering what their focus would be, but we're pretty clean so we'll just be quiet and learn!
thanks

D

dmercer

Hello everyone.:bigwave: I stumbled upon this forum and it looks like it's the right place for my quetion. Thanks in advance for your input.

Does a manufacturer have any obligation to make their manuals available to a repair station whose op specs include overhaul/repair of the manufacturer's components?

Also, where can I get the animated emoticons shown on the right and are they compatable with a iphone?:thanx:

Top Bottom