Prison Food vs. School Cafeteria Meal

T

True Position

Not that surprising. Reagan tried to redefine ketchup as a vegetable so we'd spend less money feeding children.

A

Al Dyer

So?

Mothers or fathers or both can make a tuna sandwich.

Do not see your point. Thanks for posting in the coffee break section?

Expand on your link with some statement or discussion!

Al...

T

True Position

So?

Mothers or fathers or both can make a tuna sandwich.

Do not see your point. Thanks for posting in the coffee break section?

Expand on your link with some statement or discussion!

Al...

I think it was just an amusing comparison of how similar the food is between government schools and prisons. Why are you so upset about it?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I think it was just an amusing comparison of how similar the food is between government schools and prisons. Why are you so upset about it?
:truce:I think that comparing institutional entities of most natures tends to conjure a gut response of some kind. Our society has become so polarized that we want to know what the message is and not be left to suppose the message. If there is no insight to accompany the article, one might wonder if a subject that involves institutional anything instead belongs in the Controversial forum.

A

Al Dyer

True Position,

I am in no way upset., since this is the coffee break forum I like to be a bit more adversarial. This may well belong in an adversarial forum??? Oh well I'm not trying to bait anyone, just find out what thought process follows the statement.

Institutional food across to board is generally bland and made to meet basic nutritional requirements. I think that goes across the gamut from jails, prisons, schools, hospitals, group homes, convalescent centers etc... Not necessarily bad but surely not up to the standards we use ourselves at home.

As an aside I would say I was a fan of President Reagan but I'm sure he didn't spend time sitting around the oval office wondering if catsup was a form of vegetable. I would hope there was a larger organization directing care of such decisions.

Have a great day all!!

Al...

T

True Position

True Position,

I am in no way upset., since this is the coffee break forum I like to be a bit more adversarial. This may well belong in an adversarial forum??? Oh well I'm not trying to bait anyone, just find out what thought process follows the statement.
Those who want to pick a political fight can almost always find a way.

Institutional food across to board is generally bland and made to meet basic nutritional requirements. I think that goes across the gamut from jails, prisons, schools, hospitals, group homes, convalescent centers etc... Not necessarily bad but surely not up to the standards we use ourselves at home.
As a society we can improve those standards if we find them lacking so reviewing them periodically makes sense.

As an aside I would say I was a fan of President Reagan but I'm sure he didn't spend time sitting around the oval office wondering if catsup was a form of vegetable. I would hope there was a larger organization directing care of such decisions.

Have a great day all!!

Al...

You're right about President Reagan. He didn't decide to declare catsup as a vegetable, he cut one billion dollars from nutrition assistance. Now the bureaucrats had to figure out how to meet federal nutrition requirements with smaller budgets. Since they already are purchasing among the cheapest food options possible (for the exact reason you argued above regarding institutional food) the easier solution is to 'adjust' the standards.

I think the point is:
us govt involvement = set the regs, I am not directly taxed separately on prisons,
schools , I pay for yearly,in a separate expensive tax, I (should) have some input

A

Al Dyer

True Position,

I in no way started replying to this thread as a political discussion but you reply that society can make a difference if they so wanted. Who is society? The taxpayers?, The Businessmen, The Congress, The House of Reps., The voters, the lobby interests.

Your Statement:

""You're right about President Reagan. He didn't decide to declare catsup as a vegetable, he cut one billion dollars from nutrition assistance. Now the bureaucrats had to figure out how to meet federal nutrition requirements with smaller budgets. Since they already are purchasing among the cheapest food options possible (for the exact reason you argued above regarding institutional food) the easier solution is to 'adjust' the standards."

Has any other leader of our nation proposed and passed resolution to rectify your perceived problem. Give possible solution, not regenerated problems from the past!!!

Al...

T

True Position

True Position,

I in no way started replying to this thread as a political discussion but you reply that society can make a difference if they so wanted. Who is society? The taxpayers?, The Businessmen, The Congress, The House of Reps., The voters, the lobby interests.

All of the above, sadly most issues are very complicated like that. It comes down to taxes very quickly.

Your Statement:

""You're right about President Reagan. He didn't decide to declare catsup as a vegetable, he cut one billion dollars from nutrition assistance. Now the bureaucrats had to figure out how to meet federal nutrition requirements with smaller budgets. Since they already are purchasing among the cheapest food options possible (for the exact reason you argued above regarding institutional food) the easier solution is to 'adjust' the standards."

Has any other leader of our nation proposed and passed resolution to rectify your perceived problem. Give possible solution, not regenerated problems from the past!!!

Al...

You need an example of a politician supporting increased funding for children's food?

Top Bottom