MIL-STD-105E & Continuous production sampling plan

T

tmeisi

Hi,
I am a new member in this forum, I am wondering can everyone in this forum see my msg since I am using this 'post reply' function.. if not.. what is the correct way to post a msg in this forum??:confused:
My company has jus set up this QA department, and I am the first QA engineer in this company, thus a lot of procedures and rules are to be set up by me, which I have no exerience in QA at all.. I am a fresh grad from Uni actually.. thus, I really need help from you guys.. thanks..

My company is a polyurethane manufacturer, my manager has requested me to plan a AQL sampling plan for the company, and I had choosen a double sampling plan according to MIL-STD-105E standard. May I know if this standard still acceptable? As i had read from some website that it is actually cancelled. If this standard is no longer available, which standard should I use instead?

I had started implemeting this sampling plan actually, but I am facing a problem. The standard is base on lot or batch basis, whereas the operation in my company is to submit product on a continuos basis, which mean for a lot of 3000 pcs, we may seperate the delivery in 3 times. In this case, I am not able to apply lot-by-lot acceptance sampling procedure, may I know what is the correct way to do sampling plan in this situation? And what standard should i use in this case?

Thanks for advise

tmeisi

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
How to use the Forums

Welcome to the Cove:bigwave:

I see two of our administrators have already helped you behind the scenes by editing your post and splitting it off into its own thread.

One place you might look for guidance on using the forums is to look through the threads in this Forum:
How To in the Forums
Detailed Use Instructions - This forum contains basic information on 'How To' do things, such as Add a Poll to a Thread or an Attachment to a Post in a Thread.

In specific, read How To Start a New Thread in a Forum
Marc

If you have further questions about using the Forums not covered in those threads already there, add a new post to a thread most similar to your question topic or start a new thread with your question if it doesn't seem to have been covered before.

We want you to enjoy your experience here in the Cove.

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
tmeisi said:
Hi,

I had started implemeting this sampling plan actually, but I am facing a problem. The standard is base on lot or batch basis, whereas the operation in my company is to submit product on a continuos basis, which mean for a lot of 3000 pcs, we may seperate the delivery in 3 times. In this case, I am not able to apply lot-by-lot acceptance sampling procedure, may I know what is the correct way to do sampling plan in this situation? And what standard should i use in this case?

Thanks for advise

tmeisi

Welcome to the Cove,

Like Howard said, you can still use MIL-STD-105E.

If you read the standard, it allows you to "batch" lots as you are doing. You have 3 seperate deliveries, or "batches" out of each "lot". So set-up your sampling from the "batches".

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
CSL Plans

tmeisi said:
I had started implemeting this sampling plan actually, but I am facing a problem. The standard is base on lot or batch basis, whereas the operation in my company is to submit product on a continuos basis, which mean for a lot of 3000 pcs, we may seperate the delivery in 3 times. In this case, I am not able to apply lot-by-lot acceptance sampling procedure, may I know what is the correct way to do sampling plan in this situation? And what standard should i use in this case?Thanks for advisetmeisi

Welcome to the Cove.

May I suggest you search here for CSP-1 or Continuous Sampling Plans. This type of plan may be just the thing you need. You can sample from a flow of product. There are no batches involved.

If you have some money to spend buy The Handbook of Applied Acceptance Sampling bu Kenneth S. Stephens.

Both 105 and CSP plans are covered completely. There are also Excel spreadsheets on a CD to let you anlayze the risks associated with the plans.

S0meone at the Cove suggested this book to me and it really helped me.

Good luck with your sampling plan.

Top Bottom