Audit on Manufacturing Processes - a) Audit Checklist, and b) Detailed Audit Report

S

swapnakp

how can I Conduct audit on a Manufacturing division and prepare the following documents. a) Audit checklist
b) Detail Audit Report

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Audit on manufacturing process

how can I Conduct audit on a Manufacturing division and prepare the following documents. a) Audit checklist
b) Detail Audit Report

I suggest you to focus on efficiency and effectiveness of the mfg process.
If you want, to facilitate the job you could use turtle diagram to have a trail to pursue during the audit.
What kind of audit do you do? Internal , external? Versus which standard?:bigwave:

qusys

Internal versusISO 9001 :) plz help me, :thanks:

Did you follow a course/training to perform audit?
Did you ever hear about process approach?
The link that Harry provided are ok, but we do not know your current competence.
For process audit, turtle diagram can help to perform the process audit.
:bigwave:

AndyN

Moved On

Internal versusISO 9001 :) plz help me, :thanks:

I'll be very honest with you...if you don't know (never been trained etc) how to do the basics of an audit, like these (prepare a checklist and write a report) you probably won't do a very good audit! Nothing we tall you or you can read here is going to help you very much!

Why is your organization asking you to do this audit? Are you auditing the QMS or to ISO 9001?

S

swapnakp

I want to Conduct audit on a Manufacturing division (HDPE pipe) and prepare the following documents:
a) Audit checklist
b) Detail Audit Report

and of course I'm auditing the QMS

So it'll be nice if you can provide sample audit checklist and report for reference.

AndyN

Moved On

I want to Conduct audit on a Manufacturing division (HDPE pipe) and prepare the following documents. a) Audit checklist
b) Detail Audit Report
So it'll be nice if you can provide sample audit checklist and report for reference.

Ok, so normally an audit uses the actual process documents and the checklist is created from reviewing that documentation. Since we have limited access to HDPE Pipe manufacturing, it's not likely that anyone has an example which will be much use. If you would like to search the attachments list (green box at the top of the page) you will find some forms as examples, but not much in the way of specific questions to ask...

qusys

I want to Conduct audit on a Manufacturing division (HDPE pipe) and prepare the following documents:
a) Audit checklist
b) Detail Audit Report

and of course I'm auditing the QMS

Hi,
the link that Harry provided are ok, I confirm.
Are you expert in performing audit or are you a beginner?
I say this to understand your skills and competences.
You said that it is an internal audit.

Audit check list are not so usefull, try to follow process audit.
In the trail you could follow, search for:
identification of the process owner as well as stewards of the process and stakeholders
input/output of the audited process
measurement and KPI as well as evidences of continual improvement
procedures to perform the processe and verification of the complaince aiming at understanding the effectiveness of the control in place
training and formation of the involved personnel
tool and equipment to perform the process ( maintenance plan, calibration program etc)
data analysis of the non conformance
corrective and preventive action
customer focus
linkage to the other QMS processes

You can check record , documentation, process mapping relevant to the audited process.
Define the scope and the purpose of the audit

As to the report, you can refer to ISO 19001 for the item that should be present in the report, including the distrubution list.

hope this helps again:bigwave:

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On

As to the report, you can refer to ISO 19001 for the item that should be present in the report, including the distrubution list.

Could you help us with which ISO you are referring to, here? ISO 19001?

Top Bottom