Compliance with AS9100 Configuration Management Requirements

C

chandrasekar2000

Hello
My doubt may sound vague to few out there, as i new to AS 9100, my question is can configuration management be maintained manually by giving necessary access control without using any configuration tools like VSS, CMS etc.
Thanks and Regards
Chandra Shekar

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Configuration Management

Hello
My doubt may sound vague to few out there, as i new to AS 9100, my question is can configuration management be maintained manually by giving necessary access control without using any configuration tools like VSS, CMS etc.
Thanks and Regards
Chandra Shekar
It depends on the number of documents in your system and the frequency of change.
Simply stated - Configuration Management has been in use since long before general use of computers and most companies got along very well - the problem for the large ones like Boeing is that non-computer usage requires LOTS of human work,
WHILE
computer-assisted management programs can automatically flag and update the Associated Documents which ALSO have to be updated.

Take a look at this post of mine to get a brief look at what I mean about updating the Associated Documents.

Regardless, CM still requires HUMAN thinking as to whether an Associated Document also needs updating!

K

Koivisto - 2009

Re: Configuration Management

Yes, you can do it manually. If you don't design, just describe how you handle changes to ensure your product meets the blueprint and the original baseline. Changes could be equipment, tooling, location, new supplier etc.

Top Bottom