Safe Launch Plan (SLP) - Seeking Example Procedure

B

brutas

Can somebody send me a procedure for executing of Safe launch plan (SLP)?

SLP is implemented to verify product & process stability in an organized manner. SLP is also intended to be a learning period. Collected data will be monitored, analyzed and product & process adjustments should be made when is necessary.
It should take place when new production is starting.

Does anybody evere made such Plan?

Thanks!

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Safe launch plan

Can you specify where ( and how ) this is required.
It can help to find an appropriate answer to you.

I have heard ( and used ) LRR - Launch Readiness Review - but never heard of Safe Launch Plan
I'm in the automotive, maybe this is for another sector ?

Best regards,
Antoine

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Launch plan

Never made such a plan.
Although it looks very similar - and has apparently the same intentions - as the "LRR" from Ford or the "Formel Q capability" from VW.

Maybe someone else can help you out.

Best regards,
Antoine

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
brutas said:
My company is www.melexis.com
I have attached more clear information.
If the information you attached (TRW requirements) is "more clear" I'd hate to see the less-clear version. Some sample verbiage:
It is production implemented to minimize or protect risk parts assumed to be acceptable and meeting customer requirements when the parts are actually non-conforming, to provide documented evidence of process stability, and to establish the process reliability growth baseline.

Yet another instance of important documents being written by people who can't write. the process is TRW's equivalent of GM's GP-12 (Early Production Containment) procedure. It appears from the document that there are specific TRW forms to use which should help in putting together your process. Do you have them?

B

brutas

JSW05 said:
It appears from the document that there are specific TRW forms to use which should help in putting together your process. Do you have them?

No, I don't have them... :nope:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
brutas said:
No, I don't have them... :nope:
Then you should get them. Is TRW your customer? If they expect you to use their forms and documentation, they will supply them to you. When in doubt, ask the customer!

B

brutas

JSW05 said:
Is TRW your customer? If they expect you to use their forms and documentation, they will supply them to you. When in doubt, ask the customer!

Actually our customer is Visteon but we don't have such requirements from his side. We want to require Safe Launch Plan implementation by one of our suppliers.

1frenchie

Simply put is a mutli-staged event.
Pre PPAP activity that allows a company to collect data on potential failure modes that were not captured within the PFMEA/Control Plan.
Post PPAP activity is to take Key process, customer significant/critical characteristics from PFMEA/Control Plans and monitor them into production ramp up and SOP builds. We recommend that this activity be about 90days with no failures.
Attached is an example form used for the SLP events.

Attachments

• SLP Template.xls
    897.5 KB · Views: 1,262
Top Bottom