How to Conduct a Review of Customer Order (Contract Review)?

B

blue moon

Dear Friend as ISO 9001

Customer order and quotation must be reviewed to check the capability of doing this order.

In our procedure I found this statement:

Before the quotation is submitted to the customer, it is reviewed by Production to confirm that there is sufficient manufacturing capacity to meet the required delivery date.

Must this review be written or how? I am afraid that the auditor will ask about evidence for review.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Dear Friend as ISO 9001

Customer order and quotation must be reviewed to check the capability of doing this order.

In our procedure I found this statement:

Before the quotation is submitted to the customer, it is reviewed by Production to confirm that there is sufficient manufacturing capacity to meet the required delivery date.

Must this review be written or how? I am afraid that the auditor will ask about evidence for review.

This is what ISO 9001:2008 requires:

7.2.2 Review of requirements related to the product

The organization shall review the requirements related to the product. This review shall be conducted prior to the organization's commitment to supply a product to the customer (e.g. submission of tenders, acceptance of contracts or orders, acceptance of changes to contracts or orders) and shall ensure that
a) product requirements are defined,
b) contract or order requirements differing from those previously expressed are resolved, and
c) the organization has the ability to meet the defined requirements.

Records of the results of the review and actions arising from the review shall be maintained (see 4.2.4).

Where the customer provides no documented statement of requirement, the customer requirements shall be confirmed by the organization before acceptance.

Where product requirements are changed, the organization shall ensure that relevant documents are amended and that relevant personnel are made aware of the changed requirements.

NOTE In some situations, such as internet sales, a formal review is impractical for each order. Instead the review can cover relevant product information such as catalogues or advertising material.

Emphasis mine.

Yes, records must be maintained.

Stijloor.

B

blue moon

ok my friend

is this require that any person will make a review will sign on the quotation or the customer requirment to make an evidence that he make this revision

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
The standard says "the organization". This could be reported in the separated procedure to document the process inside responsibility and authority of the involved personnel as per their job description.
Hope this helps.
ok my friend

is this require that any person will make a review will sign on the quotation or the customer requirment to make an evidence that he make this revision

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
ok my friend

No, not "any person", but person(s) who have the reponsibility and authority of performing these reviews assigned to them.

Stijloor.

C

Cornwap

Hi

As Stijloor mentioned the requirement of the standard is for records of the results of the review and actions arising.

a) You mention about production reviewing that they have the capacity. Is this as simple as that or does this require them to consider stock levels, suppliers, different machines etc? If so, some form of checklist or prompt sheet may be useful as the basis of your record.

b) How and where will any actions arising from the review be recorded and managed in the event that there is a production capacity issue?

It may be simpler to have some type of review template that is ultimately filed with the customer order. This would be a record of the above and could include any other checks e.g. commercial, that you do.

Best regards
Phil

Top Bottom